Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
    Which is one of the main reasons I don't like him. Do you want your children idolizing that crap? He's tied for 8th and only beat 7 guys. Put a full field on his tail and see if he's 8th. There are only 18 players in the tourney.
    Not trying to argue with you but look at the 18 guys who are in the tourney with him. There are some studs he is playing with.

Comment

Yes sir, I agree, but they are on vacation.
      Originally posted by TXBowhunter11 View Post
      Not trying to argue with you but look at the 18 guys who are in the tourney with him. There are some studs he is playing with.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
        Which is one of the main reasons I don't like him. Do you want your children idolizing that crap? He's tied for 8th and only beat 7 guys. Put a full field on his tail and see if he's 8th. There are only 18 players in the tourney.
        You realize that 3-under par is only three shots back from the lead? Further, the elite field in this tournament includes eight of the top 10 golfers in the world. I would say Tiger doing fine -- especially for a guy who is coming off major back surgery and who hasn't played in competition in 300 days.

Never said anyone has to idolize him, just that it would be good to see him regain past form and excel.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
          For a 15 year stretch he was the best ever, and its not even close.
          The guy was feared when his name was on the leader board. He made great golfers melt down with intimidation. He forced them to try to play beyond their capabilities. I love Jack Nicklaus, but pick any 15 year stretch of his career and Tiger would have blown him off the course. With that being said his downfall was self induced and has no sympathy for him. These guys on tour now should be thanking him daily for the money that is in the game now.
          Yes, I am rooting for him
          Yes we understand you love TW.
          Its difficult to compare Jack and Tiger, Arnold, Gary Player, Ben Hogan, Bobby Jones, Sam Snead or any of the greats to todays players. My God most were using wooden headed clubs.
          The game has evolved from blades and wooden drivers to pie plate titanium drivers and 7 irons you can hit 200 yards. Tiger made some amazing shots and dominated for a long time. David Duval had 11 tournament wins and a major in 1 season when he took the # 1 spot from Tiger (and then lost it)..... No one can stay at that level forever..... It was fun while it lasted but he's done.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
            Yes we understand you love TW.
            Its difficult to compare Jack and Tiger, Arnold, Gary Player, Ben Hogan, Bobby Jones, Sam Snead or any of the greats to todays players. My God most were using wooden headed clubs.
            The game has evolved from blades and wooden drivers to pie plate titanium drivers and 7 irons you can hit 200 yards. Tiger made some amazing shots and dominated for a long time. David Duval had 11 tournament wins and a major in 1 season when he took the # 1 spot from Tiger (and then lost it)..... No one can stay at that level forever..... It was fun while it lasted but he's done.
            The equipment is irrelevant. All the pros are using the best available equipment at the time. Whether its a persimmon wood driver or the newest Taylormade. Wins are what matter and Tiger has a ton of them. I am not saying Tiger will ever be close to what he was 10 or 15 years ago. But to rule him out completely seems crazy. Hell Jack won his last major at 46? I think Tiger could find lightning in a bottle..

Also I don't think DD won 11 tournaments in 1 year. But the year he made it to #1 in the world was great.

Comment

I reveled in his demise. Now I would like to see him comeback and play well.

Comment

DD had 4 wins in 98 and 13 in his career.

Comment

Already 3 under through 4 holes today.
                  Last edited by COOLDAD1; 12-01-2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Tied for the lead now.

Comment

Someones gonna pee dirty......

Comment

Nope, he's a bum

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                          Aside from Tiger's distractions outside of golf, he is the greatest competitor the game has ever seen. He is something to watch when he is healthy and I will be tuned in to watch golf for the first time in a long time starting to tomorrow. Ratings for this tournament will be extremely high and there is a darn good reason for that. Whether Tiger does good or bad, it's good to see him playing again.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                          Yep, and must be nice for all the haters who have never made mistakes. He's lost everything and I love a comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                            Tiger hasn't won a major in 9 years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            and still won more than just about anyone playing, even after a 9yr hiatus.

Comment

It's still early, but Tiger just eagled to go 5 under through the first 9 holes and take top spot on the leader board at 8 under. Hate him or not, it is fun to watch him compete.

Comment

If Tiger shoots low 60s today the anti tiger folks will still say "well it is just an 18 person field" like the other hundred players in a normal tournament would have been playing goalie.

Comment

Working...
                                X