No announcement yet.

Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animosity is somewhat understandable, since most of Tiger's problems have been self-inflicted. However, it's not debatable that Tiger single-handedly boosted the value of and interest in the entire sport. All of the current pros understand that today's purse values got where they are during and because of Tiger's dominant years.

If he could dial back a tad on the force he exerts in his swing, he could still have plenty of distance and action on the ball without further wrecking his back and knee. I would love to see a rejuvenated Tiger return to the apex of the sport.

Comment

I’d love for tiger to come back and compete. He’s great for the game. Infidelity is terrible and he better repent for that but as for golf, he was spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
        I’d love for tiger to come back and compete. He’s great for the game. Infidelity is terrible and he better repent for that but as for golf, he was spectacular.
        I'd agree with you 10 years ago, but golf is doing really well without him and doesn't need him to be relevant anymore. A lot of young guns have picked up the slack.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
          Animosity is somewhat understandable, since most of Tiger's problems have been self-inflicted. However, it's not debatable that Tiger single-handedly boosted the value of and interest in the entire sport. All of the current pros understand that today's purse values got where they are during and because of Tiger's dominant years.

If he could dial back a tad on the force he exerts in his swing, he could still have plenty of distance and action on the ball without further wrecking his back and knee. I would love to see a rejuvenated Tiger return to the apex of the sport.
          Looks like he may have done just that if you look at videos of his swing that have been posted this week.

Comment

He's the golfer that got me interested in golfing. And a lot of other people. Hopefully he actually allowed himself enough time to heal this time. Would love to see him have success this year

Comment

Good news for you fans is that he will not miss the cut or finish worse than 18th.

Comment

Well I for one am glad that he is trying to return. Since he has been gone i watch more of the Senior & LPGA tour than I do the PGA tour except for the Majors. None of today's players have his consistency or draw. I am slowly becoming a DJ and Speith fan but Tiger and Freddy are why I started watching. To me Tiger's biggest mistake in life was getting married too young. When golf and chasing women were his main focus he was the best to ever play argumentatively (Jack was amazing with the equipment of the time). If he could just be in contention on a Sunday at a Major it would be the highest rated Golf tournament on TV since he was the man. I hope that somehow this fusion gives him 3-5 years at a competitive level.

Comment

No

Comment

Aside from Tiger's distractions outside of golf, he is the greatest competitor the game has ever seen. He is something to watch when he is healthy and I will be tuned in to watch golf for the first time in a long time starting to tomorrow. Ratings for this tournament will be extremely high and there is a darn good reason for that. Whether Tiger does good or bad, it's good to see him playing again.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Knocking Tiger is light saying Jeff Gordan couldn't drive. LOL

Comment

I'll be rooting for Tiger tomorrow just like I have been rooting for him to get his life back together. At least to me, golf is much more fun to watch when Tiger is in the field, especially when he is competitive.

Comment

I personally love watching him play and hope he starts playing like he's capable. Must see tv when he is on!!!

Comment

I'll be watching! Don't have any sympathy for the guy, but it's hard to deny how fun it was to watch the guy tear it up in his prime. I think it would be good for the sport for him to be competitive again, and what's wrong with that? The more who play the game the better.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny View Post
                              aside from tiger's distractions outside of golf, he is the greatest competitor the game has ever seen. He is something to watch when he is healthy and i will be tuned in to watch golf for the first time in a long time starting to tomorrow. Ratings for this tournament will be extremely high and there is a darn good reason for that. Whether tiger does good or bad, it's good to see him playing again.

Sent from my xt1585 using tapatalk
                              100% agree

Comment

He was the only reason I watched the pga for a long time, and I haven't tuned in often since he's declined.

Comment

Working...
                                X