X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard work payed off awesome hunt thanks for sharing

Comment

I really enjoyed tagging along.
      Agree with Michael and the rest of the gang, well done.

Almost looked easy and inviting to want to hunt the "H".

I'm whooped everytime I finish up there.

Comment

Great video!

Comment

One think that may not come across in the video is how the flooding impacted things. Some backup sets that I marked early in the year were torn up by the flood waters. This was a very unique situation for me. Not used to things changing so much in such s short time.

Comment

I have watched you video multiple times and each time the word Remarkable, rolls out of my mouth.

I appreciate you sharing it with us.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer1 View Post
              I really enjoyed tagging along.

Agree with Michael and the rest of the gang, well done.

Almost looked easy and inviting to want to hunt the "H".

I'm whooped everytime I finish up there.

I can see that, Scott. The intent wasn't to advertise the "H" (and make it harder to draw) but rather to document my 2015 journey which was a "do over" of sorts as I got my arsss handed to me royally in Seg-C of 2014. I was completely unprepared. That was a low point for me, hunting-wise.

Next time I am fortunate enough to be drawn I'll look at doing a companion video showing the other, less sexy side of things that few folks without experience hunting the "H" can appreciate: the scouting in the muggy heat, mosquitos, ticks, snakes and skunks, the sore muscles and aching back, the stressing over reading sign correctly, the hours spent in the gym and pounding the pavement to get your fat rear-end in "H" hunting shape, agonizing over prioritizing sets, then re-prioritizing again and again, trying to predict the future on the wind, then Mother Nature has a fling with Murphy (of Murphy's law fame) that results in massive flooding which throws things on their head.....and all that is just a part of the prep before the hunt. The vid would need to show the hours spent just hiking and biking in the dark. The compressed period of sleep deprivation with 3:40 alarms, blah, blah, blah......I don't intend to be over dramatic but I'll bet that video would balance the others as folks come away with a "well that sucked" thought that may result in people looking elsewhere for an easier hunt.

Thanks for the positive comments. I look forward to sharing a cold one with you.

Comment

Great video

Comment

Originally posted by Covvboyz View Post
                  Great video

Thanks Covvboyz.

Comment

Loved it, nice production and editing. I got a lot to learn.

Comment

Great job.

Comment

Originally posted by NYBowman View Post
                        Loved it, nice production and editing. I got a lot to learn.

That makes two of us then! Always learning and looking for ways to improve.

Originally posted by CrossTimbers View Post
                        Great job.

Thanks CrossTimbers. Looking forward to following this year's hunt thread.

Comment

At the urging of a fellow TBHr (Public) I got my Hagerman buck scored and submitted it to the Pope & Young club.

Got the certificate back today. It is the first that I've submitted and glad I took Public's advice.

Comment

Very cool! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                              At the urging of a fellow TBHr (Public) I got my Hagerman buck scored and submitted it to the Pope & Young club.

Got the certificate back today. It is the first that I've submitted and glad I took Public's advice.

Congrats again Micah! Not a lot of guys who can say the first public land deer was a P&Y! You earned it!

Comment

Awesome Micah, congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X