X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is freaking awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Great write up Todd, and good shooting!! Hope you get to kill a pig or 2 with her.

Comment

That must be a miracle bow.

Comment

Dang good.

Comment

Great shootin!!!

Comment

Practice makes perfect!
              I've been feeding two spots behind my house for several weeks in order to get a shot using Sacagawea. It took me two hunts to get it done, but it got done!
              Shot a pretty fair group before I headed out to the stand.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sac4.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	24530971

Click image for larger version

Name:	sac3.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	24530972

Comment

The Travels Of The Bow Sacagawea

Awesome Todd!!!!

Congrats!

Nice looking pup too! How old is that one? I just got mine about a month ago, and am ready to get him tracking critters!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  Awesome Todd!!!!

Congrats!

Nice looking pup too! How old is that one? I just got mine about a month ago, and am ready to get him tracking critters!!!

Bisch

Scout is almost 3 years old and she is a tracking machine! Looks like you got a good one too! They are fun little dogs.

Comment

Congrats on the pig!!

Comment

Well, I guess it's time to send her on down the line. I believe txpitdog is next in line. I'll ship as soon as this is confirmed and I receive his address. I really enjoyed my time with the bow. She is a shooter, for sure.

Comment

Just wanted to bring the current list back up so it will be easier for folks to find!

1) Bluegoose
                        2) Pigthumper
                        3) CRM 95
                        4) TP3
                        5) SwampGhost
                        6) Featherflinger
                        7) yleecoyote23
                        8) Danielb89
                        9) Hunter Todd
                        10) txpitdog
                        11) Graysonhogs
                        12) RS3
                        13) TX CHICKEN
                        14) Randy Madden
                        15) PineyWoodsBow
                        16) Tx Mark
                        17) DCT
                        18) DRT
                        19)bowtechmike
                        20) spidermonkey
                        21) Stone Cold Bobby[/B]

Please remember to comment on the Sacajawea sticky thread and tell us a little about yourself and your time with Sacajawea.

Thanks!

Bisch

Comment

Morning, folks. Sorry for the delay, but Sacajawea is safe and sound. I was out on business when she arrived, put her together and shot her a few times, and then have been out on business since. I really like the way she shoots so far, and I’ll post up a little more info over the next week as I hopefully have more time.

Comment

Man these 4 weeks have flown by. I’ve been so busy with work that I wasn’t able to take Sacajawea on a hunt like I’d wanted to. But I did enjoy shooting it to unwind. The southpaw side of the arrow rest has a little more mojo in it now.

A little about me. My name is Morgan Johnson. Born in Port Arthur but have lived in Houston the past 20 years. Got three kids, two boys 11 and 10, and a daughter 8. I’m the environmental manager for a large marine transportation company. Even though my dad took me dove and rabbit hunting once or twice as a kid, I don’t really think of myself as hunting until later on in life. I did a lot of trial and error and dumb luck for the first few years. I was only about 3-4 years into it when my fiancé gave me my first bow. I would have never even considered bow hunting before then, but practiced with my new bow, applied for a public drawing hunt, and got drawn. I shot a doe on that hunt, and the adrenaline rush had me hooked immediately. The problem was that I didn’t have a place to hunt, and I was still figuring the whole hunting thing out as well. That made for some frustrating hunts the next few attempts, so most of my hunting was still with a rifle. The thing I did enjoy though was shooting my bow in the backyard. Can’t do that with a rifle in a neighborhood.

After hunting for a few years with my compound bow, I picked up a Samick Sage to try traditional archery. That was way more difficult, and I just could never get in a groove with it. Which is really odd, because Sacajawea was much much easier to get comfortable with. Over the last four weeks I went from simply shooting for enjoyment and stress relief to being good enough to hunt at short range, 12-15yds. Really wish I’d been able to put some blood on the lefty side, but it’s all good. After shooting Sacajawea, I want to get a bow from Mr Sarrels.

These days I prefer to hunt with my bow over the better possibility of success with a rifle. I love the challenge and extra work required, and I get a lot more enjoyment from hunting when I hunt with a bow. Each of my kids has their own recurve, and my boys also have compound bows they hunt with. We still enjoy shooting guns, and they enjoy rifle hunting, but my oldest son and I know the thrill of taking an animal with an arrow.

I really appreciate Chunky for setting this up with Sacajawea and Bisch for managing it and keeping it going. I’ve contacted Graysonhogs and will pack Sacajawea up and get her on her way this week!

Comment

Great write up Morgan! We all wanted to kill a critter with Sacajawea, but it is way more than just that! It’s the experience and exposure we all get for one another that is the most important thing!

Bisch

Comment

I’m just catching up here, Congrats Todd on the nice hog with Sac!
                                Enjoyed the write ups from everyone. Morgan I wish you would have had time to hunt with her, she has some magical mojo for sure. One of the sweetest if not The sweetest shooting bows I’ve ever shot!

Comment

Working...
                                X