No announcement yet.

What cigar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can spend a small fortune on a good humidor, but there are several good package deals out there.

I got mine from Cigars International, they offer a few different package deals. This is the one that has replaced mine: http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...text=5%20vegas

I got a bunch of cigars, and a humidor for a decent price.

I've had it for about 6 years now, and it has been rock solid.

I do not use the PG solution, or humidity gel anymore. I use Relative Humidity beads, 65% humidity. They keep it very solid.

I also tossed the analog hygrometer, it's pretty, but junk. Get a good digital one.

You are supposed to use distilled water, but I use the filtered water from my fridge, and my cigars keep fine. I have several in there well over 10 years old.

I buy cigars to smoke a year or two down the road, and plan to age them. They settle in, and the flavor matures when they sit for a while. I do buy cigars just to smoke, cheap ones like the Flor I had tonight.

Some folks will tell you to take your cigars out of the cello, but it is not necessary to. They breathe just fine with it on. That myth has been dispelled several times over.

The key to keeping cigars is to have the humidor in a stable environment. I keep mine in the kitchen cabinet. The house stays pretty stable in temperature all year, and I keep a close eye on my humidity level (check it every few days)

Some more reasonably priced humidors:

Shop premium cigars, humidors, samplers, pipes, pipe tobacco, and accessories at Cigars International. Huge cigar selection at great prices everyday.

Comment

A Zino #1, without question, accompanied by a coffee flavored liquer of some sort.

Comment

Twztid- I got a Savoy for christmas this year. From what it says online they're supposed to be pretty solid. I got the 25 cigar one and I believe it cost $120+. It comes with a built in humidifier but I threw in a crystal humidifier stick so I can monitor its humidity. I am actually about to order a digital hydrometer tonight for it. Let me know if you've got any questions, I'll put up some pics if anyone would like.

I recently smoked a Hight cigar. The guy who came up with the blend is a Chef from the Alden Hotel in the Houston area, but they are rolled out of the country. It was pretty darn good. I like a sweeter cigar and it was perfect. Got some Winston Churchill Blenheims for christmas, cant wait to try those out. For $22 a stick, they better be darn good!

Comment

I'm going to try and fire one up again tonight. It will be late so we will see. Thanks for running with it Gummi!!!

Comment

Let us know which one you go with. I'd never heard of an Iguana before but now I want to try one!

Comment

Y'all got me ready to fire on up. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327022415.037351.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	24044569as you can see I'm running low. Have a couple I'm trying to save for the neighbor that key his humi dry out. I'm maduro guy my self. Dark oily leathery little nutty with a touch of spice for me. La aroura number 1, ancient warrior, RP 90 and 92, Cain maduro,

Comment

The decision has been made. Fuente and Chivas. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

OMG...
                  That better not be ice !!!

:-)

Comment

With that stick I can forgive him. Love the Fuentes

Comment

Well this is like an underground society of smokes and who makes them where they came from and what to smoke them with...guess I need to go to the humidor off San pedro and see if I can find some I like before investing in a personal humidor

---
                      I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.360228,-98.194226

Comment

You ask ANY scotch connoisseur and they will tell you a few cubes brings out the flavor. I'm not a fan of adding water, but a few cubes works for me. I wouldn't dare do that to Johnnie Walker Blue, but Chivas 12 needs just a touch. Things are going well so far.

Comment

My evening's entertainment.
                          Attached Files

Comment

We will have to disagree on ice, BUT this doesn't mean we can't find some common ground elsewhere.

Comment

Man, the Fuente is burning great. What an awesome smoke. Time for a refill. No ice, promise.

Comment

Ron you got some hairy man bear legs there..might need to watch that cigar getting to close....and either you dribbled or split a little on your kakies shorts there

Comment

Working...
                                X