• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helix MEGA.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
      Helix MEGA.

Mega is sweet! I know where a spot that looks just like that is on Belton! Usually catch black crappie off the same corner those fish are on or on the steps! I have a big bamboo brushpile marked on a little lake over here and I showed it to a buddy the other day with his Mega 12 and you could tell it was an old flat bottom v hull filled with cinder blocks and bamboo! I just could tell it was a bamboo pile with my HDS 12. Electronics have come a long long way!!![emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Breezy and I were able to make a deal we were both happy with and I installed the Helix 5 G2 Sunday morning.

Turned out great, and I can’t wait to use this thing in the next few day.

Thanks again Brandon.

Apparently the boat was in a little over 1 foot of water while on the trailer in my driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Currently have a Helix 7 and it's a good unit but finicky. I actually carry my old Elite-5 HDI in my boat bag and left the wiring in place and had to use it twice or would have been in a bind. I've also noticed now sometimes after booting up the Helix will put me 30' off to the side for up to 10 minutes or so before it corrects. Not a big deal normally but go through the wrong cut to a back bay at the wrong time and you may have a serious issue. I actually have a track I was setting once and it teleported me over and shows my boat going over land then teleports me back about half mile later.
          I also had an original HDS, couldn't figure out how to use it other than the basics but I liked it better than the Elite. For anything GPS I'll stick to Lowrance in the future. Can't comment on fishfinder stuff I don't even know if that works on any of my units I use it so little.

Comment

just bought a lowrance hook 9 with triple shot,installing tomorrow
            hope to test it out soon!

Comment

Working...
            X