Did Curiosity Kill the (Bob)Cat? TBH Video Journal #30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Curiosity Kill the (Bob)Cat? TBH Video Journal #30

I'm still a few weeks behind on editing, but I finished up the last weekend of the MLD season and uploaded it for episode #30 of the Video Journal.

Jeanette and I had a close encounter with a juvenile bobcat, Mark arrowed a buck from a Krivoman Blind, we took Courtney's senior pictures, Jeanette, Colette and Mary practiced their skinning rack techniques and, of course, we ate well with grilled duck, wild pork and a salad!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igvmg6M52MU"]Did Curiosity Kill The (Bob)Cat? - TBHVJ 30 - YouTube[/ame]
    My Flickr Photos

Outstanding. Love how Mark really went that extra mile to really brush that blind in.. Kidding of course. Them girls/ ladies did well on the skinning.. If more people spent family time like that, there would be a lot less mess in this world..

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
      Outstanding. Love how Mark really went that extra mile to really brush that blind in.. Kidding of course. Them girls/ ladies did well on the skinning.. If more people spent family time like that, there would be a lot less mess in this world..
      I think, for the most part, Mark left the blinds pretty much as they were delivered with the intent to reposition them in the brush during the offseason. After a couple of weeks, I think the critters were already starting to get used to them, though.

As I get more and more gray in my whiskers, I'm increasingly grateful for the time I've spent with family at CDLC and elsewhere, and that I've taken the time to capture and document most of it with photos and video.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Would love to have seen the footage of the bobcat from the osmos.

Comment

Pretty bobcat. That camera sure takes great footage.

Comment

Mike your video's are always great.

Comment

wow the cat was great!

Comment

Michael,

That cat almost came to visit you inside the blind. That was awesome.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

Would love to have seen the footage of the bobcat from the osmos.
                  Unfortunately, I apparently had a glitch in the Osmo at that moment and it didn't capture the footage of the cat peering into the lens.
                  Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                  Pretty bobcat. That camera sure takes great footage.
                  My wife and I were originally going to hunt separately, but when the girls decided not to wake up we decided to go together. In the last minute chaos, I actually left my "good" camera (Sony A7Sii) at camp. Instead we used my wife's Panasonic HC-VX870, which takes great footage in good lighting conditions. That's why the early footage of the cat at the feeder is so "noisy." We watched the cat stalk near the feeder for several minutes before we had enough light to record with this camera. I'm thankful we had the quality backup.
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                    wow the cat was great!
                    Originally posted by stickfigure View Post
                    Michael,

That cat almost came to visit you inside the blind. That was awesome.

Thanks for sharing.
                    I probably should have not covered our audio with music, but there was some (mild) concern that the cat might pounce into the blind to try to catch the "bird" (camera) roosting on my tripod! It would have made for great footage if it would have attacked either the Osmo...or us!
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Mary did a great job supervising.

Comment

That cat footage was great. Thanks for sharing all of that with us. You have a wonderful family. I don't think it gets any better

Comment

Micheal

That is a another great video. I really enjoy all aspects of camp not just the hunting part. Don't get me wrong I really want top see big bucks down and great bow shots but as most know the deer camp is more than hunting.

I am envious of you for capturing all those family moments on video and pictures sure wish I would have done the same.

Looking forward to the next one.........
                            Last edited by manwitaplan; 03-03-2017, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Awesome looking cat for sure...

Comment

Working...
                              X