X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cute little thing:

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
      LCP with a techna clip attached to the side.

Extremely easy to carry and conceal.

If its not comfortable and easy to carry then she wont carry it.
      She will be carrying in her purse. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by riverbowman View Post
        Can't show her that. All else will go out the window because she can get this with purple grips

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
          I'm about to sell my wife's Springfield xdm 9mm compact but you're too far away and it will be $450 with a bunch of extras....
          Given the market in Houston and the fact that price isn't the too much of a deciding factor, I probably wont buy used outside of Houston. Thanks though. I do like the Springfields. Got two myself

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
            I recommend a revolver in 38sp for those that are not used to handling guns.
            Yes... this... get hammerless and all she has to remember to do is pull the trigger... that's a pretty easy gun to handle..

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
              Can't show her that. All else will go out the window because she can get this with purple grips
              Yup. Marketing folks probably hit a home run with that one targeted at the ladies.

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
                Yes... this... get hammerless and all she has to remember to do is pull the trigger... that's a pretty easy gun to handle..
                basically same reason I got my wife the xdm but she didn't like it once she saw a .380 my buddy got his wife with a green crimson trace.....

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                  Ruger LCR with 38 special or .327 federal.

38 is not fun to shoot but gets the job done. the .327 is really not bad. The .357 Mag is only for those that are masochists.

Lol, I actually like my LCR 357 mag.

If I don’t hit them between the muzzle blast and 2’ flame out then of the barrel, I’ll get em off me one way or another.

OP I recommend you take her to the range to let her handle and shoot many different ones to find what she likes. Otherwise she’ll never shoot it and likely rarely carry it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

In my experience with ladies and revolvers the combination of 10# and light weight makes them unpleasant to shoot for novice shooters.

In the micro 380 pistols typically most have heavier triggers and extremely difficult to manipulate slides. Most women to not have the strength or the proper technique to operate the slide.

The Sig P380 is very easy to operate the slide but has a hammer and a manual safety. For an inexperienced shooter these conditions are less than ideal. For these reasons and you mention purse carry (which is a terrible idea IMO) there’s no way I would recommend it for your situation.

My wife has a Glock 42 and 43 but she can easier operate the slide and is more accurate with the 43.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Obviously several ways to go. My wife has always been "scared" of handguns as before we married she had NO experience with them. After many trips to the range, she has a S&W Airweight SS in 38 caliber...wheel gun. All she has to do is point and shoot. It has no hammer and is small enough to easily carry in her purse.

I know many state the recoil and LOUD report is too much, not for Susan but it took again several trips to the range to get her comfortable with it. It may not be in your price range, not sure what they sell for these days and I rarely see one on the GS for sale either.

Good luck...

Comment

Sig p238 is on the high end of your price range but worth it.
                        The LCP is hard to beat but feels in your hand like what it costs.

Comment

Smith 442
                          Shield
                          Lcr
                          Lc9
                          Glock 19
                          XD subcompact
                          M&P compact
                          Glock 26

In no particular order

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                            LCP with a techna clip attached to the side.

Extremely easy to carry and conceal.

If its not comfortable and easy to carry then she wont carry it.
                            This!

Comment

Looks like you have enough suggestions on weapons, but I would strongly suggest she carry on her person. Most bad guys are looking for " money" and it's usually a ladies purse they grab and dash with. ( happened to my mom). With it goes her gun, which they just my use in there favor. Plus if she's pumping gas, her purse will be laying in the car, to far to get it if approached out side the vehicle. I have wore a smart carry holster for the last ten plus years. A lot think it's a joke, would be crazy to carry in one. But I can tell you, I can carry in any attire from swimm trunks only, sweats, pants no belt, pants with belt, to going out , and suit attire. In fact there isn't any thing I have wore that I can't carry. And not a sole knows.( I have carried many but now carry a kahr p380, glock 43 now, very very comfortable, in fact sleep with it on many times) And I think it would make caring for a woman very comfortable, after they get used to it . You can get them for small revolvers ( my recommendation, keep it simple, reliable.) Just something you might show her. I would never suggest any body carry off there person, to easy to get into the wrong hands. Sorry for the long post. Stay safe. I don't mean to sound like a salesman, far far from one, and I don't have any connection to smart carry. It's just I tried a lot of differant carry holsters and this one is the most comfortable, hence I carry all the time.
                              Last edited by critter69; 05-16-2018, 05:51 PM.

Comment

My wife carry’s a charter arms 38 spc and loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X