Taken, on Netflix...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taken, on Netflix...

I was actually looking forward to watching this series; I like Luc Besson and I love Jennifer Beals.

However, after the second episode I am done. The lead actor can't act his way out of a paper bag, he goes off mission on his first operation (he's supposed to be an elite Green Beret operator). He is holding an AR right handed, but looking with his left eye through a non-magnified optic at like 400 yards; supposedly reconning a structure.

Now, I am no know-it-all when it comes to stuff like this, I was never in the military or taken any tactical classes or anything; but this is just sloppy. I mean, if I can see it I would bet people who really know what's going on are just screaming at the TV.

One would think with as much money they put into these shows they could at least get the dominant eye correct!

Agreed....My wife always says, "its just a movie babe".....LOL

Comment

Never heard of it....lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

You would think they would have a technical advisor to catch these type of things before they hit the airwaves.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
          You would think they would have a technical advisor to catch these type of things before they hit the airwaves.
          Depends on the budget from the executive director(s). Be interesting to see if the majority (target audience ) gives that series a thumbs up or thumbs down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

My cousin shots right handed with his left eye. It's funny to watch him. He lost his right eye in a accident when he was two and just grew up shooting that way. He was also a heck of a pitcher had a ton of collages wanting him but he told his parents he did not want to play ball anymore.

Comment

Comes with being a gun nut I guess. I notice stupid things like when they don't have back up sights on their ARs or all they have is a front sight with no rear sight, other stupid things like that will irk me sometimes on a tv series or movie

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                Comes with being a gun nut I guess. I notice stupid things like when they don't have back up sights on their ARs or all they have is a front sight with no rear sight, other stupid things like that will irk me sometimes on a tv series or movie
                Yep same here. I hate when they outfire their mag capacity too

Comment

But otherwise, is it a good show?

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                    Yep same here. I hate when they outfire their mag capacity too
                    old westerns are the worst. 6 shooters shooting 60 times, no problem. But new movies aren't much better. at least they have them drop a mag and replace it once in awhile because it "looks cool".

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                      But otherwise, is it a good show?
                      No. It's pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                        Funsucker !

Comment

Yea, I have made the deliberate decision not to look at all the technical / uniform errors in these type of shows.

Before it was really difficult to sit through them. Now, I view the shows as purely fantasy and it is much easier to tolerate.

Or, maybe I am just getting old and my give a $&@! meter is flatlined?

US Army (Retired)

Comment

Working...
                          X