Alazan bayou wma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alazan bayou wma

I got drawn for alazan bayou wma for GDES and wanted to see if anybody knows where I can find a map of the compartments really would be appropriate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here is map, but not sure I have ever seen a compartment map of this track.

Comment

Try this # 936) 569- 8547. Bob Baker or Ron Randle might email you a compartment map. Good luck on your hunt !

Comment

Ok thanks I'll see if i can get ahold of him

Comment

I thought Alazan was stands, not compartments. No sure where I heard that though, so may be wrong/

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
            I thought Alazan was stands, not compartments. No sure where I heard that though, so may be wrong/

Could be but I hope not I haven't bin able to contact anybody there yet to find out can't really find much about that place

Comment

Alazan is usually divided into 15 compartments, 7 or 8 in the WMA and 7 or 8 in the property next door. If given a choice, I would hunt the adjoining property since the deer there are not so pressured and spooky.

Comment

Originally posted by luna-tuna View Post
                Alazan is usually divided into 15 compartments, 7 or 8 in the WMA and 7 or 8 in the property next door. If given a choice, I would hunt the adjoining property since the deer there are not so pressured and spooky.

The Angelina national Forest?

Comment

SFASU's Experimental Forest.

Comment

Originally posted by luna-tuna View Post
                    SFASU's Experimental Forest.

Ok appreciate it I'll see if I can find it on the map

Comment

I'm jealous! I put in for that and didn't get it. I bow hunt out there a lot and they do have a box stand on the highline but I am not sure how they decide how they divide it up.

Comment

Originally posted by robert97dodge View Post
                        I'm jealous! I put in for that and didn't get it. I bow hunt out there a lot and they do have a box stand on the highline but I am not sure how they decide how they divide it up.

Sounds like I'll be first in line to pick my compartment I'm thinking I'll pick something in the experimental forest don't think I can bait in there but thinking deer won't be as pressured what time does the rut peek in that area normally?

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
                          Sounds like I'll be first in line to pick my compartment I'm thinking I'll pick something in the experimental forest don't think I can bait in there but thinking deer won't be as pressured what time does the rut peek in that area normally?

No baiting and yes if you can get on the SFA forest I would for sure. From what I have seen over there you will want a climbing stand for sure though. The deer have been moving a lot more of the past week or two but its still pre rut. From my experience about 8-15 days into november action gets really crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by robert97dodge View Post
                            No baiting and yes if you can get on the SFA forest I would for sure. From what I have seen over there you will want a climbing stand for sure though. The deer have been moving a lot more of the past week or two but its still pre rut. From my experience about 8-15 days into november action gets really crazy.

Ok I'll be there from the 1-5 so maybe a little early but I'll still be hunting so it's great sure appropriate the help I'm about 8 hours away so going in pretty much blind and can't find anything online about hunting the SFA forest

Comment

My son was drawn for the youth hunt out there this weekend. He got it done taking a big 7 pointer over in the experimental forest

Comment

Working...
                              X