Remembering some of the "special" TBH Fathers on Father's day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Our only son was a true disciple of the Lord right up until he went home. This was the last he and I went fishing. As usual he kicked my butt fishing. He got his limit and I got 15... I miss him so bad every day, but I rest easy knowing his pain is over and he will no longer have struggles like he did here on this earth. His last earthly act was to pray over another young man for hours to drive out demons from him. This young man came to me and told me what Lester had done for him. I have a hole in my heart that will never be healed, but it is a scar, not a wound any longer. With the love and support of family and friends (especially my TBH brothers and sisters), and the boundless grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I can now rejoice in the good times and memories we have of our son. My daughter and her wonderful husband, have given us two grandsons in whom my wife and I are pouring ourselves into their lives. They are our joy and our gift from God.

Joel, thank you sir! To all those who are in this club, those who have buried a child, I lift you up to our Lord for His comfort that is beyond understanding.

Indeed we had a great service with a powerful message delivered by our pastor this morning. We had over 300 Junior High kids in service that we sent off to "Beach Retreat" in Biloxi Ms. for a life changing week in worship and Bible Study. They are part of a larger group combined with all our campuses of over 1500 kids. Last week we had almost 3,000 high schoolers in Pensacola. Over 300 made a profession of faith! That's our future, and those are all our kids!

Y'all have a great Father's Day!

Thanks again Joel.
    Great testimony brother! Tough read through these posts but very honorable to those mentioned. My heart breaks as I could not imagine the loss of a child. It was hard enough losing my mother nearly 4 months ago. God bless!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      My hope and love go out to all the parents who are separated from their children at the present. Know in Faith, that we will all be reunited.

I spent the day with my two living children, my grandboys, my Dad, and the rest of my immediate family. I have only a few pics of the Blessed time I was allowed with my oldest on Polaroid. This is not one of them. But a reminder to me of each and every moment I did have with him. There is so much I remember during his short life. It was a very trying time for me during his short stay here on earth. And I had a battle for many years afterwards before I finally gave in to the Lord. I look back on my life now and see so much of what our Father has done, not just for me, but for others as well. The more I look, the more I find it to the point that I find it almost daily. And not just what we come to expect daily.

May each of you be blessed with the peace in Him, our Lord, that I have come to know.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ictureid=10002
      Michael, I didn't know.... I am so sorry brother! God bless you sir!

Comment

My hope and love go out to all the parents who are separated from their children at the present. Know in Faith, that we will all be reunited.

I spent the day with my two living children, my grandboys, my Dad, and the rest of my immediate family. I have only a few pics of the Blessed time I was allowed with my oldest on Polaroid. This is not one of them. But a reminder to me of each and every moment I did have with him. There is so much I remember during his short life. It was a very trying time for me during his short stay here on earth. And I had a battle for many years afterwards before I finally gave in to the Lord. I look back on my life now and see so much of what our Father has done, not just for me, but for others as well. The more I look, the more I find it to the point that I find it almost daily. And not just what we come to expect daily.

May each of you be blessed with the peace in Him, our Lord, that I have come to know.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ictureid=10002
        Wow, Mike I didn't know this my friend.

I echo what you and Charlie say...there is life in Him and time heals all. And yes, it was a battle for me but with God's grace, the help of my family and most importantly my beautiful wife I am still alive today. Believe it or not, several TBH members (without knowing) have played a pretty important role as well. The new normal is much different now but I'm finally somewhat whole once again.
        It's been 8 years and 10 days since my son died and for several years all I could think of was the negatives that were associated with his death. Only recently have I been able to draw on the fun and positive memories we shared during his 24 years of life.
        I can only pray those of you in this "club" find eventual peace in life.
        God Bless

Comment

Thank you for the thoughts. Saturday was 2 years since my son went to heaven. Fathers day was tough. I know he is in a much better place. It still hurts not getting that call or visit I used to get. But I know someday I will see him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman View Post
            Thank you for the thoughts. Saturday was 2 years since my son went to heaven. Fathers day was tough. I know he is in a much better place. It still hurts not getting that call or visit I used to get. But I know someday I will see him again.
            I remember this Toolman and I hurt for you knowing the pain of the first few years. Those are the toughest by far. All I know is it WILL get easier sir....I promise. Hang in there brother.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Thanks Joel for bumping this thread. This is sure not a club anyone wants to be a member of as you very well know. However I am a living testament that the Lord can use an unimaginable tragedy for His good. There's not a day that goes by that I do not miss our son. I have come a long way toward healing. That hole is still there, but the scar is a sure sign of healing. I have been able to rejoice in the work the Lord has been able to do in me and through me because of this tragedy... I would love to be able to go back and undo it, but even so, I can honestly and boldly say the God through his unbounded mercy, grace and love has returned my joy... Yes I still have my moments, but I have adjusted to the new normal and I do everything I can to put Him first. To all of you who are brothers and sisters in this group, I pray you will let the Lord work on you and through you too to give you back your joy. It is a different joy and knowing that it is only temporary until we are rejoined with our beloved son and The Son, it is a good earthly joy.
              God bless you all.
              Bless you Sir, I enjoy your post. I did not know of your loss. The new normal as you stated is hard for folks to understand. That's what my wife and I talk about often. God has been good to us and for us.
              Bless each and every parent that has lost a child on TBH and around the world.
              Again, I thank you SWS for all your encouragement and prayers offered.

Comment

Remembering some of the "special" TBH Fathers on Father's day

My annual bump of this thread. Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there.

There’s also a special group of guys that mean a lot to me around here. Wish we would have taken a group photo at Nanza this year since there were a lot of us there.
                I guess just my ugly mug and SaltwaterSlick (Charlie) will have to suffice.
                Last edited by RascalArms; 06-17-2018, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Always a tough day Joel. Thanks!

Comment

typing through tears as I read this thread again

more prayers & support sent for those mentioned above and others who walk in your shoes
                    Last edited by Cajun Blake; 06-17-2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

I can't exspress how my heart breaks for the Dad's that have lost one their children. Most of these Dads have sent me prayers in recent weeks. Prayers that come form a diffrent place that most can't comprehend. I thank each one of you from the bottom of my heart and will pray for each of you.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Always a tough read y'all. We lost my little sister a couple of years ago, and it feels like i saw my dad age several years in just a few month's time.
                        All of y'all make me appreciate my dad so much. Hope each of you have a blessed day.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                          My annual bump of this thread. Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there.

There’s also a special group of guys that mean a lot to me around here. Wish we would have taken a group photo at Nanza this year since there were a lot of us there.
                          I guess just my ugly mug and SaltwaterSlick (Charlie) will have to suffice.

Thanks Joel! And all the other Dads. I continue to pray for all. Shortly, I'll be on my way to see my second child's family, along with my Dad and Mother. Hopefully, my youngest child will be there too. May the Lord bless all of you.

Comment

Happy Father's Day.....thoughts and prayers up for you guys!

Comment

Thanks Joel! And all the other Dads. I continue to pray for all. Shortly, I'll be on my way to see my second child's family, along with my Dad and Mother. Hopefully, my youngest child will be there too. May the Lord bless all of you.
                              Hey Mike, please remind me to get a group pic of all that attend Nanza next year my friend.

Comment

Happy Father’s Day to all of you dads out there. Prayers up for those that have lost loved ones. Tears.

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                                X