Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lightest one

Comment

I’d go with the limits accurate first and then the lightest second. Seems as if you just want to list some rifles you have.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
        I’d go with the limits accurate first and then the lightest second. Seems as if you just want to list some rifles you have.
        Sounds like you are suggesting that I am bragging or something. I have never been Antelope hunting before so I didn’t think I would get any crap on which rifle I should use.

Comment

257 bee is the perfect poison for your application

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
            Sounds like you are suggesting that I am bragging or something. I have never been Antelope hunting before so I didn’t think I would get any crap on which rifle I should use.

Comment

Lol

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
              All are plenty IMHO. Your favorite one. :-) I've got a forty (40) year old Remington 788 that still gets to go on trips. :-)

Comment

Which ever you shot best. As someone said Antelope are not that hard to kill. Of those 3 either of the Bees are great as long as ou are comfortable with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  The one that you can accurately shot the furthest.
                  ^^ This, whichever one is the most accurate out at further distances. Any of those calibers is more than capable of taking out an Antelope. If you have to spot stalk and walk a long ways the weight may come into play there also.

Comment

Comment

Im a fan of the quarter bore, even the weatherby version!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
                        Good chance that I may go on an Antelope hunt in New Mexico next year. I have a few options on which rifle to take but I don’t know which option I should go with.
                        Option one, Howa .308 20” heavy barrel with 150 grain bullet and SWFA 10x42 scope.
                        Option two, Weatherby Vanguard S2 in .257 Wby Mag and 100 grain bullet and Simmon (midway exclusive)6.5-20x50 scope.
                        Option three, Weatherby Mark V in 6.5-300 with 127 grain Barnes and Nikon 4-12 Buckmaster II scope.
                        I think any will be fine just wanting opinions.
                        I am assuming, that 6.5-300, is a 300 Weatherby necked down to 6.5mm? If so. ****! That has to be one seriously fast *******. I am guessing it makes a mess of most everything it hits out to about 800 yards or so and barrels probably don't last long? But I sure would love to have something like that.

The 257 Weatherby would be a great choice for what you area wanting to do. The 6.5-300, would be a great choice for shooting speed goats in the next county.

Comment

I used to hunt antelope in Wyoming quite a bit.

We shot .264 Win Mag and .240 Weatherby

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                            I used to hunt antelope in Wyoming quite a bit.

We shot .264 Win Mag and .240 Weatherby
                            I am pretty sure when they designed the 264 Win. Mag., they did so for the purpose of hunting speed goats.

Comment

Any of your rifles can handle it but you may want to reevaluate the glass that’s on them

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
                                Any of your rifles can handle it but you may want to reevaluate the glass that’s on them
                                That SWFA is a great scope; can't speak for the others

Comment

Working...
                                X