WOW.......Switchback!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW.......Switchback!!!!

Now I see what all the fuss is about. Picked up a used Switchback on another forum for a good price. Bow has new limbs and new strings/cable. I purchased this bow just on reputation alone and had never shot it before. Mathews absolutely knocked this one out of the park! I can't believe this is an 8 year old bow. I have owned 7 or 8 different bows of different brands (I am by NO means a fanboy of any particular brand) over the years and the last one was a 2013 model with all the latest, greatest archery technology & "improvements". Maybe this bow just "fits" me, but it is hands down the smoothest, most quiet, and shock-free bow I have owned. It balances so well in my hand at 33" ATA and just feels right for me. This bow is the sweet spot of a bow that I have been looking for. I have owned a DXT that is supposedly 18 fps faster than this Switchback, but I cannot tell one bit of difference in speed. In fact, I had a Hoyt that is considered a "speed" bow and I can't tell just from shooting this bow that the Hoyt was any faster. My arrows are sinking in to the same depth in my target. At 62 lbs with my 29" draw, this bow has more than enough power. It is just an absolute pleasure to shoot. Like many, I went after the lighter, shorter, faster bows and have found that I just don't enjoy shooting them and they don't balance well at all for me. I'm not one to bash anyone else's equipment, so if that type of bow works for you, that is great. I just realize now that for me, I need a little longer bow, with a little more weight. With my 10" Bee Stinger Pro hunter stab, this bow could not be more dead in the hand at the shot. Wow, I think I am in love.
    Last edited by AGAF; 11-05-2015, 08:13 PM.

Yes that is a good one!

Comment

Thats a great bow and the reason you like it is the same reason I still shoot the Mathews LX which is 35"ATA and about 1fps slower than the Switchback. It just fits me and its like it shoots itself. Congrats on finding yourself an awesome bow!

Comment

Wanna sell it??

Comment

Originally posted by deermagnet View Post
          wanna sell it??
          Lol...

Comment

congrats...

i bought a used one a few months ago.

best bow decision ever. i haven't shot but maybe a half dozen different bows so i don't have all that experience, but my confidence has grown by leap and bounds because of my SBXT...

and you are correct, quiet and smooth...

Comment

Do they come with a 32" draw?

Comment

Regret ever selling my SBXT. Great bow wish I still had it.

Comment

Great bow. Bought one about a year ago. Smooth, quiet, accurate.

Comment

I picked one up two years ago after having several different bows over the past 15 years. The switchback helped my confidence where I actually got my first bow kill on a pig last season. It shoots so well I don't know if I can replace it. I am glad to hear you are a fan. Good luck out there this season.

Comment

Bought my Switchback used in 2006 here on TBH. I don't care what the bowmakers come up with now or in the future. Until this one is absolutely inoperable, it's the only bow I'll pick up.

Comment

Working...
                      X