Decent monthly income.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AHF View Post
    I am a Mexican citizen living in the city of Monterrey, I have a professional title of electrical engineer with my own business and living in a comfortable way here in my city.

The last months I had in mind the fact of moving to the United States, specifically to Texas because I have relatives who are American citizens living there, for reasons of tranquility and a little more security for my family.

Obviously, my change of residence would be legal and comply with the observations that the law of Texas and the United States requires me.

One of the questions that comes to mind is how much monthly income is taken care of to live in a comfortable way, not thinking about luxuries but living in a quiet and relatively safe place? Considering me, my wife, a 3-year-old girl and another baby who is about to be born next year.

Thanks to God here in Mexico I have rental properties, plus the product of my business, that allow me to live in a comfortable way and fortunately I do not have any debt, obviously the peso is not worth the same as the American dollar and what makes me here Living well there may not be enough.

Thanks in advance.
    I think 5-6k a month would the least you could live comfortably off of if your wife doesn't work. As an electrical engineer with experience I don't think you should have a problem getting that salary or more as long as you can get an employer to endorse your visa.

Good luck and I hope you make it. Well educated and polite people like yourself is what we need here in America. Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
      Sounds like you have a sweet setup in Mexico, why leave? After moving family, getting proper training, etc, don’t see this as a plus for you.
      In General we do live well here in Monterrey, On the other hand, living in a first world country is something I can not ignore for all the opportunities that mean for my family.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
        I think 5-6k a month would the least you could live comfortably off of if your wife doesn't work. As an electrical engineer with experience I don't think you should have a problem getting that salary or more as long as you can get an employer to endorse your visa.

Good luck and I hope you make it. Well educated and polite people like yourself is what we need here in America. Welcome!

Thank you

That is the idea if one day we move to Texas, try to bring some positive aspect to the society in which we would live.

Comment

Come and be welcome

Comment

If I ever moved to Texas I would look to work in that same line, I understand that for that I would only need a contractor's license granted by the State of Texas, is that correct?
            If you are doing electrical design work for anything that has to meet building code, you will need to stamp them: this means you need a professional engineering license.

Comment

I have developed my professional career as an electrical contractor working for industry, banking, commerce and a television station here in Mexico, always backed by the degree of engineering obtained from a Mexican university.

If I ever moved to Texas I would look to work in that same line, I understand that for that I would only need a contractor's license granted by the State of Texas, is that correct?
              If you plan on doing electrical work you need a contractor license. You also need a Texas master electrician license (or employ someone with that license). Do you wish to design or perform, or both?

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
                If you plan on doing electrical work you need a contractor license. You also need a Texas master electrician license (or employ someone with that license). Do you wish to design or perform, or both?

I do design, but lean more towards to execute the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                  I never felt comfortable when my wife and I both made around 65k without kids 12 to 13 years ago. I was 25 at the time and probably spent too much money on stupid things and never had more than 5k in savings. One AC unit going out meant using a credit card to make repairs. Comfort level can mean different things to different folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  You were living way above your means if 2 adults couldn't easily make it on a combined $130k.

Comment

Working...
                  X