Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the coldest weather you've hunted in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
    Switch to a Mathews!
    lol, never.

Comment

16* in Lampasas in 1975. Sitting in a tripod with 'toe sacks tied around the top. Only thing that saved me was my sleeping bag. Did get a whopper 6 that morning.

Comment

4 degrees late season in Pike County Illinois without the wind chill.

Comment

7 degrees duck hunting the Anahuac marsh in December 1989.

Comment

Burr

Iowa 2004. Christmas time. -12 with -29 windchill. Even the locals said I was crazy for hunting.

Comment

-10F Duck hunt in Colorado

Comment

-13 montana

Comment

minus 14 in New Mexico late season cow hunt

Comment

-16 Squirrel hunting.

Comment

-20F on the first day we arrived. It warmed up thankfully. I have no idea what the windchill was that first day but it was ridiculous.

Comment

14 in Northern Wisconsin.... Still doesn't feel as cold as 35 degrees in SETX

Comment

Originally posted by SPUD View Post
                          Sat on a stand one November Kansas morning back in 2014.

1 deg!!!
                          I'll bet this was the same morning in Kansas 2014. Sat on stand all day and froze. Promised myself I would never cheap out on cold weather gear again.
                          Attached Files

Comment

-33 c in Saskatchewan

Comment

Below zero in Michigan. I suggest several layers, quality long underwear (I prefer thick fleece) and lots of hand/toe warmers. I always try to over dress, it's easy to unzip your coat when walking to release excess heat. If you can swing the electric insoles and/or heated jacket, it's going to be worth the money.

Comment

Deer hunting in Lamar County, 17 one morning about 12 years ago.
                                Ice fishing in Michigan about 15 years ago it was -2 when the sun rose.
                                Last edited by Buck Shot; 12-07-2017, 11:09 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Working...
                                X