Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tracker located on a seat on the front of the truck had the best position to locate tracks.
    Attached Files

Comment

Prior to the hunt, bait stations consisting of a cut up donkey were also put out. My outfitter gave me the option to hunt over bait or spot and stalk. After driving a few hours and as we neared one of these stations, a lioness was seen crossing the road far ahead. We really didn't see anything, but a quick brown flash. We drove ahead to investigate, as we obviously now had a very fresh track.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by MichaelW; 09-10-2010, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Fantastic!!!

Comment

Upon arriving where the lioness crossed, my Ph advised that the size of the track as well as the stride of the lioness indicated a very big lion.
          Attached Files

Comment

Anthony advised that due to the size of the track, stride length, and obvious freshness, that we should take it up.
            Attached Files

Comment

hooked... Addicted... Need more..

Comment

As I watched the trackers and PH's work, it was very impressive. The landscape would change from heavy sand with little grass to tall grass and little sand. Watching these true woodsmen work and keep up the trail was enjoyable.

We continued on the trail, zigging and zagging, at times stopping and slightly backtracking to pick up the trail again. Along the way, every single brush I encountered had some form of thorn on it.

After a few hours of this, I immediately knew when the lion was spotted. The look on the trackers face and signaling was unmistakable. As we slowly advanced ahead, I couldn't believe it when I saw the lioness for the first time. It truly was a beautiful sight.
                Attached Files

Comment

I hoped to finish this part tonight, but just didn't quite get through it. I've got an early 5am start in the morning and need to get to bed, but will continue tomorrow evening.

Thanks,

Michael

Comment

Well done so far.

Comment

Well Played and ended with a great photo can't wait to see how it turns out.

Comment

looking forward to the rest of your adventure. well done

Comment

Excellent job can't wait to hear the rest of the story.

Comment

Trey and I are all caught up. He loves the lion and thinks this is way cool....

Comment

Can't wait for the next write-up!

Comment

Prior to the hunt, Anthony had advised me that the lion would more than likely eventually do one of two things. He believed it would either stand its ground holding position in the tall grass or possibly tree if one is available. Anthony stated that a lion feels safer by taking a higher position when threatened by animals such as hyenas. Despite being told this ahead of time, it was still a most fascinating and surprising site to see such a large and magnificent looking animal perched just a few feet off the ground.

In this case, our constant following of the lioness for a few hours caused her to tree. Upon sighting her, we slowly made our approach as she continuously looked the other direction. At 30 yards, she turned around and repositioned herself in the tree offering the view posted above.

Comment

Working...
                                X