Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

guadalupe river floatable this weekend????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are some crazy pictures. I hit the river last weekend on friday and saturday and it was perfect. Stinks to see it like this now. Hope these companies recover

Comment

I called white water and they r still open, I have no idea how since they are located at the horseshoe...still plan on going fri somewhere

Comment

Few more
        Click image for larger version

Name:	flood10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	23934967
        Man was there for 4 hrs.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	flood101.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	23934968

Comment

Try the Frio in Concan

Comment

we went on the comal over memorial day to texas tubes...

Comment

Nice pics biggen where did you find those. I was on standby all day in case they needed more guys for rescues incase it got worse before it got better.

mhbaseball the shoe is open cause everything hit south and east of it. It came across the south side of Sattler and then hit 306 about a mile past Purgatory road. I went through there yesterday morning at 530 6am and it was not bad at all. A few heavy showers but nothing that was horrible. By 830 they had 306 shut down between Purgatory and 35 due to flooding. Came back through at 4 yesterday afternoon and it was all good again. Thats the thing about the hill country is it comes fast but goes fast.

Comment

Just a side note The Guadalupe in seguin got up over 55000 cfs apparently last night via the news. I know it was at 15500 at 4 pm yesterday. It is back down to 3170 cfs now. Its residing just keep praying for the ones missing. I need to get a update this am but as of last night I heard 1 confirmed deceased and 7 missing. The 7 were all part of a group of 10 ant they found a wife husband and wifes sister but as of 9 last night that was all I new were found.
                They moved all rescue operations to Seguin about 5 or 6 yesterday just following the crest of the monster.

Comment

Report says they already have crews cleaning up River Road and in town where they can get equipment.

Comment

Just Stayed at Huaco Springs last weeked and it was packed with tent campers along the river. prayers up.

Comment

More pics on www.KXAN.com

Comment

Well, i don't think Gruene will be an option. Go north like Cullen said.

It really gets under my skin when people say Guadaloop.

This link has all the outfitter #'s

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 06-10-2010, 09:22 AM.

Comment

we camped there in NB one memorial day. Got there kinda late and all the good camp spots were taken. We looked everywhere. It was packed. We found a small area up high on the side of a hill. We were kinda bummed about our slanted crappy camp spot on the side of a hill. That night bad storm. Instant flood. Lucky for us our camp was up on the side of a hill. Everyone below us was underwater. Had to help rescue people. So much camp gear was floating below our camp site. Weird how things can turn around on you. We were one of the very few people that still had a camp left. My wife was no longer complaining about the camp site i picked up.

Comment

Going to try and float tomorrow. Some friends down there say it's slowly getting back to normal.

Comment

Anybody know if the Ice House was hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
                                You will have to do the upper. Try Guadalupe Canoe Livery at the 281/Guadalupe bridge. It's a nice run from Spects Crossing to Rebecca Creek Crossing.
                                The scout group camping on my place floated it yesterday unsaid it was great.

Comment

Working...
                                X