Tent Blind Trad Bow Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
    I sit nocked with bow standing up if super close to target area or if removed and better cover laid across my lap.

A cheap idea: a 3'-4'-5' wrought iron shepherds hook for hanging baskets from a garden center...and done. Not collapsible but lays flat.
    That is/was my inspiration for the idea.

I need to see what they cost, I just figured they were more than I could built my design for.

I'll be placing an order, thanks!

Last edited by ballgame; 10-05-2017, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Here’s what I have in my ground blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

trotline cord and an "s" hook

Comment

Here is what I ended up with.

Just one Sheppard hook did not give me enough support for my liking so I had to use 2 per bow holder.

Considering the Sheppards hooks were useless to me if I did not use them for this project, I am happy I made them work.

I am going to use rebar and a welder to make new ones in the future though.

I used pipe clamps to connect the two pieces and used Heat Shrink to cover where the bow rests.
          Attached Files

Comment

Turned out great Bob!

Comment

That should work well! I knew the McGyver in you would come thru with a good end product!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Finally had some time to do a little welding. Decided to make some better bow holders. Not the prettiest welds cause I wanted to crank them out quick. The holes on the angle iron are for additional stakes if needed.
                Attached Files

Comment

I just loop a cord (normally paracord) down from the top rods, that hooks around the top limb, and holds the bow in a standing position.

Of course that means the bottom limb is on the ground, but I just lay something down there to stand it on.

Quick, simple, and adjustable.

Rick

Comment

Like your bow holder, Ballgame, as well as some of the other ideas above.

I use a Gear Tie (basically a big rubberized bread tie) wrapped around riser and bend a tip around arrow at shelf; then just lean against blind wall. To shoot, just bend tie up out of the way.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by tradtiger; 11-26-2017, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Good work, as always, Bob!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I use the padded twist tie type hangers made by Primos. I’ve also found some at a hardware store that were baddies with foam. I just connect them to the fiberglass roof poles.

Comment

Originally posted by Featherflinger View Post
                          I use the padded twist tie type hangers made by Primos. I’ve also found some at a hardware store that were baddies with foam. I just connect them to the fiberglass roof poles.

Padded with foam, not baddies

Comment

I use a piece of outdoor romex...have a bunch left over from a wiring project. Mine has a yellow outer sheath so you can see it in the dark. I make an "S" out of it and bend it to just the right angle so the bow goes in and out easy. Hook to top poles near hub. You can roll it up in your blind if you pack it in and out. Cheap so you can make several backups. I also use these as gear tie downs in the truck, boat, kayak, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by duck'n View Post
                              I use a piece of outdoor romex...have a bunch left over from a wiring project. Mine has a yellow outer sheath so you can see it in the dark. I make an "S" out of it and bend it to just the right angle so the bow goes in and out easy. Hook to top poles near hub. You can roll it up in your blind if you pack it in and out. Cheap so you can make several backups. I also use these as gear tie downs in the truck, boat, kayak, etc.
                              Good stuff, Romex. Most likely the inspiration for those fancy Gear Ties -- padded, flexible, yet holds a shape with some load. I used left-over Romex for lots of things over the years -- great to hold up brake calipers when doing a brake job, for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                                Good stuff, Romex. Most likely the inspiration for those fancy Gear Ties -- padded, flexible, yet holds a shape with some load. I used left-over Romex for lots of things over the years -- great to hold up brake calipers when doing a brake job, for instance.
                                I agree with you on the Gear Ties! I joke with my buddy who buys those left and right...I tell him I have a whole spool of "Gear Ties" in my garage...cut to fit! LOL

Thanks for the tip on the brake caliper, hadn't thought of that one yet!

Comment

Working...
                                X