Wemberly TX Area- Thumbs UP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wemberly TX Area- Thumbs UP!!!

One of my friends from the church I grew up in got married in Wemberly this weekend. Made a long weekend out of it since we had to be at the rehearsal dinner Friday.

Beautiful area and one that I hadn't ever been to. We did the Fredricksberg wine country thing a couple of years ago and it was alot of fun but I have to say this experience was even better. Great wines with amazing views. We visited 3 vineyards on Friday afternoon and 3 more on Saturday. Also Dripping Springs vodka distillery is pretty neat. The gas station breakfast tacos at the Diamond Shamrock in Wimberly are also pretty famous. Didn't dissapoint!

Came home with 12 bottles of Texas wine. Only regret was that we didn't have time to eat at the Original Salt lick BBQ. Got up Sunday, cleaned up the house we rented and hit the road so we could get back in time for the Cooder Graw reunion tour. First time they have played together since 2006. They def still have it. Rocked Love and War.

Wimberley

It was a GREAT place to live while I was there...sure miss the Blanco river!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
      Wimberley

It was a GREAT place to live while I was there...sure miss the Blanco river!!!
      Wemberley = beautiful. Didn't realize you lived there Mary. I could easily live there as well. Seems like a much slower pace of life than the metromess.

Comment

Where is Wemberley?

Comment

Originally posted by Cable View Post
          Wemberley = beautiful. Didn't realize you lived there Mary. I could easily live there as well. Seems like a much slower pace of life than the metromess.
          My boys grew up there and went through their school system. GREAT place to raise kids....and yes slower pace. There was only one red light and wasn't even incorporated when I moved there... and everybody waved at everybody as you drove down the road. Blue Hole and Little Arkansas was free to explore way back then. Changed a bit.....but still an awesome little town!

I was a river rat while there... spending many days sitting out in that crystal clear water with the kiddos.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
            Where is Wemberley?
            Close to Dripping Springs. 45 minutes or so outside of Austin.

Comment

That is awesome Mary. We will def be going back.

Comment

Originally posted by Cable View Post
                Close to Dripping Springs. 45 minutes or so outside of Austin.
                Oh... Wimberley.

Yes, it is certainly a beautiful place. TBH's resident Tex-Mex / BBQ professor is a local, I believe.

Hi, BoB!

Comment

You have to go to the Corral Theater (outdoor theater) when you go back. Talk about being in a wayback machine. VERY cool way to watch a movie!!!

Comment

love it in these parts. Unfortunately it's "growing" all too fast!

Comment

spent many vacations there... love it!

Comment

Looks like I did the same trip you did last month. I did the wineries too.

We did the Salt Lick BBQ and were very disappointed - you didn't miss anything.

Comment

We moved to wimberley about 8 months ago and i love it up here. If you havent been you need to visit.

Comment

I go there every year with the family. Love it!

Comment

Good thing you ran out of time for the Salt Lick. It is not worth it at all IMO. But looks like y'all had a good time!

Comment

Working...
                              X