San Saba Ranch / ABC ranch / www.sansabaranch.com a bad review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two bottom lines...

1. He should have stood up for his paying customers, not his buddy. He's running a business (or was!).

2. He never should have taken your money in the middle of the summer when he wasn't trapping hogs anymore!!!!!

You guys did great and I'm sorry this had to happen.

J.P.

Comment

Wow what a bad deal and a terrible way to conduct a business.How this place can allow someone who is suppose a friend talk to family like that then allow him to be around a paying customer is beyond imagineable.Setting the lack of hogs aside,who you treat a customer is your top priority and in this they FAILED.
      You guys have my full respect and god willing maybe we can share a fire sometime.

Comment

Good job guys being the bigger man is tough sometimes.

Comment

Really sorry that happened to you guys. NO excuse for it!

You guys handled yourselves really well, but....

Please tell me atleast one of you pee'd on that brisket before y'all left!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IDAHO_BOWMEN View Post
            Hope y'all take us up on our offer the next trip y'all book.

Gene, I don't know how far you are wanting to travel,but give me a call if you want to book a hunt.
            i cant speak for the rest of the guys, but i would really like to book a hunt after deer season to shoot some hogs. and after looking at yalls website, it looks to be a great time...

Comment

Originally posted by double lung View Post
              i cant speak for the rest of the guys, but i would really like to book a hunt after deer season to shoot some hogs. and after looking at yalls website, it looks to be a great time...
              Im in!

Comment

listen...not sure if you guys are reading every post (sometimes I dont) but if you read this, I highly recommend Diamond C. Even if you pay full price it is worth every dime. Skylar is a stand up guy and will take care of you and your party. It was the best spot and stalk hog hunting I have ever experienced and if you want to stand hunt the opportunities are endless. The best part about it is the challenge. You have to be on your game to sneak up on one of those 150lbs plus hogs, and then hope the wind is in your favor. You will leave there and consider Skylar and his brother Jeremy friends as opposed to day lease owners just running a business. And I don't believe there is anyone on here that will dispute that.

Comment

Originally posted by wlo11 View Post
                  listen...not sure if you guys are reading every post (sometimes I dont) but if you read this, I highly recommend Diamond C. Even if you pay full price it is worth every dime. Skylar is a stand up guy and will take care of you and your party. It was the best spot and stalk hog hunting I have ever experienced and if you want to stand hunt the opportunities are endless. The best part about it is the challenge. You have to be on your game to sneak up on one of those 150lbs plus hogs, and then hope the wind is in your favor. You will leave there and consider Skylar and his brother Jeremy friends as opposed to day lease owners just running a business. And I don't believe there is anyone on here that will dispute that.
                  We have all taken note and we are all in for your next hog hunt; it probably won't happen until after deer season.

Comment

I owned a ranch for a couple of years and I had a great reputaion as an outfitter. The way to get that rep is to cater to the customer. In the time I ran my place I had one group that I could not please without refunding money and even though they would not listen to me on how to hunt, I refunded money after their hunt. I sold that old place and bought another one with the intentions of opening back up as I really love being a part of the outfitting game.

Good luck on your future hunts and don't let this one "black eye" ruin it for ya.

Comment

So far 100 different TBHer have posted on this thread, say all 100 of those will never book a Friday PM - Sunday AM hunt with this outfitter he's lost $20,000.

4,179 views on this thread and say HALF of those were a different members that's 2,090 different people that looked at this thread and will most likely not book a hunt with his outfit. His loss just by these figures $418,000.00

If he only knew how much business he has lost. I should email him these figures.... he would kick his buddies arse then kick his own for being a jack hole!

Comment

Sorry about the bad weekend. Thanks for putting out the info. I will be sure not to give this guy my business.

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
                          So far 100 different TBHer have posted on this thread, say all 100 of those will never book a Friday PM - Sunday AM hunt with this outfitter he's lost $20,000.

4,179 views on this thread and say HALF of those were a different members that's 2,090 different people that looked at this thread and will most likely not book a hunt with his outfit. His loss just by these figures $418,000.00

If he only knew how much business he has lost. I should email him these figures.... he would kick his buddies arse then kick his own for being a jack hole!
                          He is following this thread. I can promise you that....

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post

good, he can add me and every friend I know to the list of never booking a hunt with him.

Comment

Add me to the list! I'll never book a hunt with them!

Comment

I'm ready to book a hunt with Skylar after all this.

Comment

Working...
                                X