Passenger forcible removed from flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I have never seen anything like this before when I was flying a lot, but I never flew United either.

All airlines overbook. That is the model. But the few times I have seen them not have enough room AA and Delta offered enough in vouchers and a free hotel room if it was overnight (usually) that it wasn't an issue. I wonder what United offered?

Comment

A belly rub down the aisle?

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
          I guess we're not supposed to talk about it then? [emoji6]

United broke Customer Service Rule #1: put the customer first. If they overbooked, and there were 4 normal travelers needing to get on, United would've told those 4 to go pound sand. But since it was their employees, they pulled a big mistake by forcibly dragging a paying customer off a flight in front of other paying customers, so they could get United personnel on board. If I was one of those employees, I would've been as nervous as a cat in a room full of rockers being on that plane after a fiasco like that.

A lack of planning on United does not constitute an emergency for the customers.
          Last edited by firemanjj82; 04-11-2017, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
            The airline had every right to remove whoever they want from their plane for any reason (other than descrimination). The guy became a criminal when he resisted like he did.

Whether you agree or disagree with it it's their right. Read the agreements you sign in getting a ticket.

Can you imagine the responses here if it was a gang banger refusing to exit the plane???
            They could write in the agreement they have the right to shoot you and you would still fly. People have to fly and all airlines have the same agreements.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
              Fixed what? Lol...all you did is pimp a PR statement..talking abt resolving & cutting a check are 2 diff things....hit me up when he says we are paying_______

Care to triple the wager before that happens? Lol
              Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-11-2017, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Comment

almost 6 pages...

let see if I can use my one post to get a clear idea of what exactly occurred.

man pays for ticket on plane.
                  paid-customer man boards plane with ticket.
                  plane is sold out. no more seats available.

airline has employees needing to go to that destination.

airline asks for 'volunteers' of its paying customer base that are already boarded to give up their seats - possibly for some form of compensation.

airline receives no volunteers.

airline tells people they are volunteers.

paid-customer man says he doesn't want to volunteer and he too needs to get to that destination- hence why he bought a ticket on a airline to that flies to that destination.

airline volunteers him against his will using physical force applied by the Volunteer Police Force.

paid-customer man receives injuries due to the force volunteerism inflicted on him by the Volunteer Police Force employees.

paid-customer man is dragged from plane by Volunteer Police Force.

someone at airline, realizing they have just made a huge boo boo, allows paid-customer man back on plane due to improper volunteer removal techniques.

Airline says paid-customer man was belligerent and causing a disturbance while being dragged off the plane by the Volunteer Police Force.

CEO of airline says "wth just happened" ..and "this should not have happened"..and "this will be addressed" ..assuming hes speaking of the mandatory volunteerism policy apparently the airline has with paying customers.

that the gist?

Comment

totally within their contractual rights that you accept when you buy a ticket... not the best PR move.
                    not leaving when the crew asks you to is childish and ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
                      Fixed what? Lol...talking abt resolving & cutting a check are 2 diff things....its called PR ......hit me up when he says we are paying_______

Care to triple the wager before that happens? Lol
                      Lol... u can't quit or be right for that matter..I know full well the guy should have complied ( try doing this crap in a foreign airport). The claims of him being unconscious are nonsense too. Watch the video he never drops the phone from his left hand. He's an idiot yes ... if it goes to court he will lose but it's not going to go to court. BTW didn't you also wager the stock would be unaffected?

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                        totally within their contractual rights that you accept when you buy a ticket... not the best PR move.
                        I'd have at least a little fun with it before walking off. Probably teach a bunch of people new words and phrases to show how grateful I was to be chosen as a volunteer.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          They could write in the agreement they have the right to shoot you and you would still fly. People have to fly and all airlines have the same agreements.
                          People have to fly?

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                            Yep

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                              The airline had every right to remove whoever they want from their plane for any reason (other than descrimination). The guy became a criminal when he resisted like he did.

Whether you agree or disagree with it it's their right. Read the agreements you sign in getting a ticket.

Can you imagine the responses here if it was a gang banger refusing to exit the plane???
                              I would like to see the reaction if it was an 80 year old grandmother dragged out of the plane like that. Just because the contract says something, doesn't mean it is the right thing to do. Whoever was making the decisions in this situation was an idiot and the airline deserves the criticism IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                                So resisting law enforcement takes backbone? The hipocrisy on here is unreal. A cop shoots someone and it's "do what you're told, and you won't get shot", but a flight crew asks a passenger to get off of aircraft, and it's kiss my *** and make me. Unbelievable.
                                No, No, No. They were not cops. They were airport security. This isn't like being asked to leave McDonald's because you were being too rowdy. You leave, no harm no foul. The guy was IN ANOTHER STATE and was just trying to get from A-B and, BTW, paid his way. United screwed up their scheduling and decided employees are more important than paying customers (stupid busniness decision) and without considering his plans, essentially told the paying customer, get the F out. If you can quantify that in your head, rock on homey but I don't treat people that way. Obviously, it meant more to him to get where he needed to be than their compensation voucher.

Comment

Working...
                                X