Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent

Comment

Sorry to hear that sir. Lord we pray for grace in this time of need and peace to carry on.

Comment

Oh my! I'm so sorry for the news. I pray that God moves in your life and gives you the comfort you need and the courage and strength to move forward.

Comment

Prayers sent!!!

Comment

Thank y’all for all the prayers. Always remember to hug your loved ones and tell them you love them because you never know when it could be the last .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh man. Sorry for your loss. Praying for your family.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Comment

Praying for strength, comfort, healing, and peace for you, your daughter, and family during this difficult time. Praying all this through our mighty Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Oh man, I wasn’t expecting that when I open this thread. I’m sorry for your loss. That’s a lot to deal in a short period of time.

I’ll be praying for you and all your family.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Hoss....prayers up for you and your family...

Comment

Sorry brother - it helped me after my papa passed when people retold funny stories or recounted the good times we’d had. They’d simply remind me that he was looking down laughing and smiling along with us and he’d be watching over us/me.

I was thinking about skipping hunting next weekend but I had a dream last night and heard papa’s voice saying, “work hard son, but don’t forget to stop and smell the roses once in a while.”

I’ll be in the stand well before sunrise on Saturday - I’m sure I’ll have a good talk with Papa during that sit.

Comment

Sorry for your lose Andy. Prayers up for you, your daughter and entire family.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Prayers for the family. May God grant you peace and eventual comfort the way that only He can.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Hoss...this one hit home & I really do hope frequent / contributing members see this to put the petty problems / daily gritching into perspective. One of my favorite sayings is 'I do not want to trade problems with anyone' & content dealing with my own.

I'm typing all this out because I think it matters how precious life is & will try to keep to keep the story / connection short & clean...I graduated in 88 & just found out a gal from my class albeit from the other McAllen HS died unexpectedly. I knew her & she was one of the cool kids at the other HS & was very close to many mutual friends. We met in passing, but I knew her Dad since I was a kid & was pretty close to him simply via association being my Dad's age. We fished spi in his Flat Cat & was a good customer & great person / friend in general. Just sorta fell off our radar when they left the valley to the hill country to follow the daughter who passed. They had sold the family biz & daughter moved to the hill co to be with a new husband or soon to be & then mom/dad followed a year or two after & that was 6 years ago I guess. Anyway, my buddy / Dad died from a heart attack just a couple months ago...the daughter goes to the dr feeling bad just a few months ago during early / mid summertime I'm told & leaves with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Has one round of treatments & throws in the towel with no fight in her & straight to hospice or something of the like to take her so fast.

I think she had 3 or 4 kids & now I'm being told the mom has early to mid dementia & moving in with the only sibling / brother of this struggling family...hard working & successful family looking forward to retirement all together & your world collapses!!

I sent notice to 3 buddies who I knew were very close / graduated together & only one had heard...all of us are turning 50 soon. Jeanie's bd would have been in December.

I'll reiterate what my good compadre always captures well on the quote below & always hang onto God when life goes off the tracks...time is your best friend in these situations.

Blessings,

<><

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Lord receive this spirit into Your eternal peace and rest. What a blessing it is to be reunited with those who have gone on ahead. Lord we ask for comfort to those left behind. Though they grieve, give them peace in the knowledge that they too may have the same rest when it the right time, they are secure to join them. We ask for strength for our brother that the family may lean on him for support and guidance. Give him wisdom to make the decisions that will have to be made coming up. Give him clarity that will bring him and the family peace. Strengthen the Hope that is in all of them that know You Lord in the name of Jesus our Savior we ask and pray, Amen.

Hoss, I'm so, so sorry for your loss sir! You hug that girl tight and keep her close.
                                God Bless you and the family.

Comment

Working...
                                X