X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grahamvan View Post
    Anyone on here hunted Grainger before?

Thinking about putting in this year.
    Grainger lake WMA? There's a few folks on here who have been out to Grainger.

Last time I was out there chasing pigs I saw probably 30 deer.

Comment

Can someone explain these draw hunts. Isn't it hunting on public land?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        The only way to lose your points is to get drawn.
        How do you check your points?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaycee11 View Post
          How do you check your points?
          Go here and click "Check Status" button. Sign in with your info, and it will show all your stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            Go here and click "Check Status" button. Sign in with your info, and it will show all your stuff.

https://www2.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwi..._hunt_drawing/

Loyalty Points by Category? or the Individual Loyalty points?

Comment

They really need to create a points only option...it would help everybody out in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaycee11 View Post
                Loyalty Points by Category? or the Individual Loyalty points?
                Your points are kept by category (Archery Deer, Gun Deer; Either Sex, etc....). You don't have to apply for the same hunt area in a category every year. Your category points are kept, no matter what area you apply for year to year.

Comment

Even if you aren't going to hunt this year, it's good to sign up for each category anyway if you felt like you might hunt it in the future. Odds are you won't win, but I would still want to build up the points.

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                    Even if you aren't going to hunt this year, it's good to sign up for each category anyway if you felt like you might hunt it in the future. Odds are you won't win, but I would still want to build up the points.
                    I used to think this...I guess it depends on how lucky or unlucky you are. I knew I couldn't make any of the hunts two years ago, so proceeded to apply for all my usual categories, while making sure to put in for the locations usually difficult to draw. Of course I was drawn for Chaparral (which we drew a little over 5 years ago too), and a couple other long shots were drawn. It sucked because I lost all my preference points in those categories.

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                      That's why they need a points only option. Those that don't want to hunt get to buy their points anyways and those that do want to hunt get their chance. I put in and hope I don't get drawn every year.

Other states do it, why can't Texas?

Comment

I'm excited for the draw hunts. I look forward to the draw every year. I agree that I don't want to be drawn every year. But it's exciting for my kids to get picked.

Comment

Can't wait to start reviewing dates, hunts and locations. Good luck everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypress Hunter View Post
                            Can't wait to start reviewing dates, hunts and locations. Good luck everyone.
                            Same here!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                              This...the standby spots aren't as prevalent as before. It also depends on what hunts. Ones like Brazos Bend have a ton of people show up for standby due to the close proximity to Houston. It's easy for someone to take the day off and drive an hour for the chance, unlike trying to go on standby 4+ hours away.
                              Agreed on the standby spots being pretty sparse now with the second draw, which I am a big fan of. You can call the WMA or park a couple days before the hunt and they can usually tell you how many standby spots they think they will have.

Comment

wish they'd pick a new guy to draw the names out of the hat. he hasn't picked me yet. I have been trying for 3 years

Comment

Working...
                                X