GOP is keeping Obama care.....Job Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjbtexas View Post
    i wish i had the ability to research when the "replace" got added to the promise. i think it was post election when i first heard it.
    i remember his 3 main campaign tenants being: lock her up, repeal and replace, and build that wall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mjbtexas View Post
      i wish i had the ability to research when the "replace" got added to the promise. i think it was post election when i first heard it.
      He campaigned heavily on Repeal & Replace. He said it would happen simultaneous.

Comment

How many of you would be fine with just repeal and no replacement? In other words, big government has no involvement with health insurance. Let the insurance companies offer plans and set price of premiums.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          How many of you would be fine with just repeal and no replacement? In other words, big government has no involvement with health insurance. Let the insurance companies offer plans and set price of premiums.
          I would
          Then, like the good old days I could choose the coverage I wanted and not the stuff i did not need. and it would be easily affordable

Comment

i would personally now because im young and healthy.

only issue i have is what do you do with the children? imo a child shouldnt go without healthcare just because their parent is irresponsible.

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post

only issue i have is what do you do with the children? imo a child shouldnt go without healthcare just because their parent is irresponsible.

So you are for mandated health care?

Comment

The states have programs for children (I don't remember the name). My neighbor raised her three grand kids. Kids recieved better coverage than my kids from a cost stand point. I paid for both of my kids braces, her grand kids all had braces paid for by the State. That kin of ****** me off. Reward those that don't take responsibility...makes perfect sense

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  So you are for mandated health care?
                  im conflicted. id be fine with no govt intervention for adult healthcare. (although i think it would become very exoensive)

but id want something mandated for children

Comment

The states have programs for children (I don't remember the name). My neighbor raised her three grand kids. Kids recieved better coverage than my kids from a cost stand point. I paid for both of my kids braces, her grand kids all had braces paid for by the State. That kin of ****** me off. Reward those that don't take responsibility...makes perfect sense
                    its still not the kids fault. i get your frustration, though.

Comment

im conflicted. id be fine with no govt intervention for adult healthcare. (although i think it would become very exoensive)

Why just for children? How about the adults caring for the children? They cant provide for the children if they fall sick right?

Comment

I think you have it backwards. It HAS become very expensive BECAUSE of government intervention. And the "children" argument from the left is irony at its finest.

Comment

How about if you're an able body no free handouts.

The biggest problem is all of the "free" stuff. It makes it easier for the lazy to be lazier.

I think it was Alabama that recently said if you receive food stamps you must be employed or seeking employment. Once they did that something like 60% dropped out of the food stamp program.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                            I think you have it backwards. It HAS become very expensive BECAUSE of government intervention. And the "children" argument from the left is irony at its finest.
                            yes, government involvement has made it expensive. with no involvement it will still be expensive. if you give young healthy people the option to opt out of paying premiums then all of the burden gets shifted onto the less healthy with more claims. (not saying im against that, but thats just how insurance works). there is no easy solution.

and is the "children argument" irony if it comes from the right or the middle? imo its a legitimate argument. if im going to be pro life and make ppl keep unplanned/unwanted babies then i should also support the programs that will support that child.

Comment

Why not just do nothing and let it fail? Make it a legacy. My rate was 200.00 per month prior to Obama's care. Now they are pushing 900.00 per month. Medical providers are requesting an 85% increase for next year.
                              This little state of just over 2 million people and has over 900k people on medicaid. With no money to pay for the medicaid.

Comment

yes, government involvement has made it expensive. with no involvement it will still be expensive. if you give young healthy people the option to opt out of paying premiums then all of the burden gets shifted onto the less healthy with more claims. (not saying im against that, but thats just how insurance works). there is no easy solution.

and is the "children argument" irony if it comes from the right or the middle? imo its a legitimate argument. if im going to be pro life and make ppl keep unplanned/unwanted babies then i should also support the programs that will support that child.

Good point. But mandated health care is just that. I see it as unconstitutional. It's not like it's taxation with representation. It should be a free market.

Comment

Working...
                                X