No announcement yet.

Is 17-18' high enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like 18' min.. yes 10' will work but 18 or more gives you a lot more room for error imo..

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
      Hunt in the manner the country dictates. Get as high as you can comfortably IMO.

In south texas or the rolling plains, high isn't an option. It can be done at any elevation, but the higher you are the easier it is to get out of the animal's scent cone.
      This!!!!

Comment

If you aint in SETx, 18' is good enough

Comment

Personally, I've been picked off by deer while 20' up, so yes they can see that high...especially if it's a permanent stand that they are aware of.

Comment

I hung a stand at 9 feet the other day. It was the only option. It does have plenty of cover around it though.

Comment

My favorite stand ever was 22'. But too high for my old self now.
              As the earlier response, I don't care for the steep angle

Comment

These guys are all better hunters than me. I'm 12' and as soon as the wind flutters my **** eyebrows them deer snap their heads right to me.

Comment

Eighteen feet should be plenty high. I hunt about 14 feet up. Not going to say they never look at me, but most don't.

On another note: hope your Dad came out okay from the weakened Irma. House alright?

Comment

Depends on the pressure, can hunt Kansas sitting on the ground doing jumping jacks, in southeastern Oklahoma/east Texas you better be touching some clouds!

Comment

Originally posted by Loanman View Post
                      15 is plenty high
                      X2.... most of mine are 15ft. I only have one that is 18ft.

Comment

Crookhunter, just remember this year to put your release on before you walk to the stand. Then you will be able to shoot as soon as you get in the stand and those surprising 10 pointers wont get the chance to walk away like last year!

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
                          Crookhunter, just remember this year to put your release on before you walk to the stand. Then you will be able to shoot as soon as you get in the stand and those surprising 10 pointers wont get the chance to walk away like last year!
                          Agreed brother, I relive that experience quite often.

Comment

Working...
                          X