No announcement yet.

Dimmit county buck question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a buck like that always error on the low side of age.

Comment

Nice young buck, give him time to mature!

Comment

The makings of a giant buck.

Comment

He will not add much tine length in August. He should add some mass though. Great potential, keep us posted on his future development.

Comment

looks like an outstanding young deer to me

Comment

He's definitely too young

Comment

stud of a young deer. Keep him alive 2-3 more years. He is done growing this year and will be hard horned by now

Comment

Well he is still in velvet as of late last week. For those worrying, he is (and will be for several years!) on the "do not kill" list. I think he added some tine length since the early August pics. He is not a regular here. I guess we just got lucky that first round. Only three pictures of him this go round.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                    Yea it was green as all get out 6 weeks ago but sure has dried up since then. Yep on location. You are uncanny!! LOL
                    Spent lots of time dreaming of hunting that country while working there. That deer is the kind I would never shoot if I owned a high fence place. Perfect brood Buck. I have no genetics like that on my property.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                      Spent lots of time dreaming of hunting that country while working there. That deer is the kind I would never shoot if I owned a high fence place. Perfect brood Buck. I have no genetics like that on my property.
                      He really is pretty unique. We are talking completely natural. No fence, no introduced genetics, and no protein.

Comment

Looks a whole lot healthier in the most recent pics. Interested to see what he looks like in a few years...

Comment

Update on this buck. He is definitely 3.5 yr old. He is a corn hog and we see him every time we sit in this blind. He is a mainframe 14 with a kicker on rt G-2. Much taller tined in person than what we thought based on the pictures. Beautiful deer that gets me excited!
                          Attached Files

Comment

stud

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                              Update on this buck. He is definitely 3.5 yr old. He is a corn hog and we see him every time we sit in this blind. He is a mainframe 14 with a kicker on rt G-2. Much taller tined in person than what we thought based on the pictures. Beautiful deer that gets me excited!
                              Dang good one! gonna be fun to watch

Comment

That's already an awesome deer. He's gonna blow up in the next couple years!!

Comment

Working...
                                X