No announcement yet.

Getting into mountain shape thread!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't posted much but I love this thread. I have 61 days left till I am hunting elk in New Mexico. I started really hitting it hard in April with consistent workouts and diet change. I am down from 204 to 180 and hope to stay in the 180-185 range.

I have been doing a little bit of everything. Usually 6 days a week. Jog 4 miles once a week. 3 mile trail run in Cameron Park here in Waco once a week. Plus weights 5 days a week and basketball 2-3 times a week.

I plan to start some pack work on the incline treadmill or stair stepper this week. But my Plantar Fasciitis has gotten terrible....too much basketball. So I am gonna have to lay off the running a little to let it heal up to a tolerable level.

I feel like I peaked a couple weeks ago and with family vacation etc I have to make sure I maintain my current level of the next 2 months. Overall its been a lifestyle change for me and I am addicted at this point.
    Last edited by bdphunt; 07-17-2017, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Following. Not going to the mountains this year but I have 2-5Ks coming, 2-1/2 Marathon and a full Marathon, that I have registered for so far. Thats just until December, may do more after the first of the year. There is a 1/2 marathon in Fredericksburg that I want to do at some point.

I do body weight workouts (pullups, chinups, pushups, flutterkicks, crunches etc)

Also, I do some Yoga. Not at much as I'd like but its good for core strength, balance and stretching.

Comment

Originally posted by bdphunt View Post
        I haven't posted much but I love this thread. I have 61 days left till I am hunting elk in New Mexico. I started really hitting it hard in April with consistent workouts and diet change. I am down from 204 to 180 and hope to stay in the 180-185 range.

I have been doing a little bit of everything. Usually 6 days a week. Jog 4 miles once a week. 3 mile trail run in Cameron Park here in Waco once a week. Plus weights 5 days a week and basketball 2-3 times a week.

I plan to start some pack work on the incline treadmill or stair stepper this week. But my Plantar Fasciitis has gotten terrible....too much basketball. So I am gonna have to lay off the running a little to let it heal up to a tolerable level.

I feel like I peaked a couple weeks ago and with family vacation etc I have to make sure I maintain my current level of the next 2 months. Overall its been a lifestyle change for me and I am addicted at this point.

Wow awesome!! I have been working out hard but haven't changed my diet and that has been my downfall. I am in pretty decent shape right now tho. I will start posting on here again now. Under 60 days for me as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did a half marathon sunday. Ive been decreasing the amount of heavy lifting days and adding in more rucking and runs. My right knee has had two acl replacements and I broke my tib/fib on that leg last year. Its been feeling the extra running a lot. Just have to stay healthy. 25 days until I hit the mountains!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6136.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	24502579
          Last edited by Felix40; 07-17-2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

So freaking ready for September!

Comment

See if this works better

Comment

I am just walking in the door from my workout for today.

3/4 mile run to the gym.

Then for time
                1/2 mile run
                50 pull ups
                100 push ups
                150 air squats
                1/2 mile run

3/4 mile walk home

My timer on my phone messed up during the first run so I'm not sure my time but I went fast.

Comment

We need to bump this up guys. We're getting close.

Comment

I did a doozy of a workout last night. I am by far in the best shape I've been in in the last few years.

4 rounds for time
                    800m run
                    50 single unders
                    25 walking lunge
                    15 burpee
                    10 sit ups

Finished right at about 32 min. My 800 times were in the 3:40-4:00 range which is good for me.

Comment

Getting into mountain shape thread!!!!

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                      I did a doozy of a workout last night. I am by far in the best shape I've been in in the last few years.

4 rounds for time
                      800m run
                      50 single unders
                      25 walking lunge
                      15 burpee
                      10 sit ups

Finished right at about 32 min. My 800 times were in the 3:40-4:00 range which is good for me.

Thanks for sharing this. I actually needed a workout today so I stole this one and did it. This was a fun one.

Comment

Working...
                      X