X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
    I'm a moron and gluten for punishment.... so heavy deadlifts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    They actually do help me. I have trouble stretching my back and that's where lots of the pain comes from but deadlifts get the lower back stretched pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      They actually do help me. I have trouble stretching my back and that's where lots of the pain comes from but deadlifts get the lower back stretched pretty good.
      Yeah, I'm both ways, which is why i mske fun of myself for it. It get times that deadlifts make my back feel great, then there's times it seems to make things feel worse. But probably more sciatica causing the problems. I know I'm bot doing justice by strengthening the muscle around vertebrae that are pinching nerves.

Comment

My Rush 12 ruck came in yesterday. I am going to have to break this pack in for sure! Am I the only person who find packs to be like boots... takes some time to break em in?

Got it weighed down to 18# using bricks in shipping boxes to pad them and distribute the weight.

My hunting packs very rarely go over 10# and I am pretty much a minimalist. Carrying weight is more about over reaching and being prepared for the case where yoi might need to carry more.

My plan is to stick with 20-35# for everyday and rucking and do 35-70# for short distance workouts (5 miles)

As I have mentioned before... alot of prep is naking sure you make enough deposits into the pain bank, so when the time comes, you have sufficient funds to withdraw.

Headed to the gym now to work on some upper body.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Today I dug a ditch to boarder our flowerbeds with stone and put out a yard of mulch. That was my workout of the day just because I didn't have time to actually workout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Getting into mountain shape thread!!!!

So check this out guys. I picked up some cut rock for my flower beds today and they work absolutely perfect for putting in your pack. The distribute the weight well and tighten up really good. I didn't weigh these but I put 2 16" long pieces in my pack. I'm guessing 36# or so.

Edit. I just weighed it and it's 57#. Gotta love how that kifaru packs weight

Last edited by JTeLarkin08; 06-12-2017, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
              So check this out guys. I picked up some cut rock for my flower beds today and they work absolutely perfect for putting in your pack. The distribute the weight well and tighten up really good. I didn't weigh these but I put 2 16" long pieces in my pack. I'm guessing 36# or so.

Edit. I just weighed it and it's 57#. Gotta love how that kifaru packs weight

That is a really good way to tear up an expensive bag if you don't tape them and grind the edges. I am rucking 20# of bricks as I type that are packaged in amazon boxes that happened to be the perfect size.

My plan for higher weight will be bags of corn, flour that is taped up. I figure deboned meat in pillow cases are going to be more fluid than bricks.

Last edited by SwampRabbit; 06-13-2017, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                That is a really good way to tear up an expensive bag if you don't tape them and grind the edges. I am rucking 20# of bricks as I type that are packaged in amazon boxes that happened to be the perfect size.

"No sir officer, that's not heroin, it's a brick..... no not a brick of weed. No I'm not training to be a mule for the mexican cartels. No, I'm not planning on throwing it through any windows.... well unless kathy griffin or amy schumer live nearby."

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                  "No sir officer, that's not heroin, it's a brick..... no not a brick of weed. No I'm not training to be a mule for the mexican cartels. No, I'm not planning on throwing it through any windows.... well unless kathy griffin or amy schumer live nearby."

I almost bought a 25 pound bag of flour for 6 dollars... and tape it up... then I thought... what will that look like

Comment

Water bottles would work good to fill you pack and not tear it. 16oz of water weighs just over 1 pound

Comment

Best thing I've found is just a 50# bag of play sand from Home Depot

Comment

Closest I'll get to rucking is throwing 100 or so hay bales whenever stan calls to say he's cut. Not looking forward to it. I'll stick with my weights and eliptical for now. But if i were to come across and old heavy tractor tire to flip.....

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                          Everyone should listen to the Hunt Backcountry podcast episode 62
                          Just listened to it during my 5 mile lunchtime ruck. Will have to check those chassis integrity workouts out.

Link to the podcast
                          Discover your favorite Podcasts from a variety of categories including Daily News, Music, Business, True Crime, Comedy, Politics and more. Listen to Podcasts on Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                            I almost bought a 25 pound bag of flour for 6 dollars... and tape it up... then I thought... what will that look like

Play ground sand and Brute force sand bags.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                              Best thing I've found is just a 50# bag of play sand from Home Depot

Oops beat me to it..lol

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                                Play ground sand and Brute force sand bags.
                                Dang, those san****s are pricey.

Comment

Working...
                                X