• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
      Wow, this must be exciting. Looking great

How deep does the foundation have to be under the stone fireplace? Looks like you're going to have a good-sized one. I like it.

The footing is 8' wide, 5' from edge of slab and 3' deep. We're not even going to go with anything heavy but the option is there if we want it.

Comment

Congrats, that will be great when it's done. Love the spot in the woods.

Comment

Awesome!!! I don't get jealous very often but I don't like you. lol

Comment

Originally posted by robbyreneeward View Post
            The footing is 8' wide, 5' from edge of slab and 3' deep. We're not even going to go with anything heavy but the option is there if we want it.
            good thinking

Comment

Looking good.

Comment

Thanks guys. That fireplace footing was 4 yards of concrete on its own

Comment

Went and checked out the final product this morning as I had to leave for work before they were done and my wife worked all day yesterday. Looks good. Nice and smooth and everything went where it was supposed to plumbing wise. Just have to have dirt guys come back and take away some dirt from the sides of the slab to accommodate installing the wood porches, which we've decided to let Satterwhite do themselves along with the house. Finally starting to come together.

Comment

Quick update. Dirt guy is coming to remove remaining dirt from sides of slab for the porches in the morning. Once this is done we will be totally ready for Satterwhite to show up!

Comment

Cool plans, will be following this one

Comment

I really miss my log home we had Lake Granbury.Good luck with yours

Comment

Everything is ready to go and waiting on Satterwhite. I just wanted to go ahead and get an update for everyone. I got a call last week and they will be up in about 30 to 40 days from now start on the house. Apparently they got backed up with bad weather in places they are building currently.

Comment

This will be a cool thread. Following!

Comment

This is going to be good, following.

Comment

Thanks guys. The next few weeks I'm sure will drag waiting on them to show up! Hopefully the weather remains somewhat decent here so there are no more delays.

Comment

Working...
                                X