No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In just not having luck below the dam. What do y'all recommend? North side or the south side of the river. The north side is loaded with tree stands and ground blinds Found 1 today not 40 yards from where I've been hunting. Done a lot of walk and stalk but see more pigs when I sit still. Location must be key.

Comment

Anybody want to meet up Saturday and chase hogs?

Comment

granger hogs

[QUOTE=LonestarGent;12911590]Anybody want to meet up Saturday and chase hogs?[/QUOTEjust woke up to get out there. should. be at the gata at 5. i'm hunting below the ****. I drive a white tundra say hey if you see me.
        Last edited by texas9; 11-11-2017, 03:43 AM.

Comment

actually wind doesn't look too good
          for my preferred spot below the dam. anyone having any luck with gate 6/7 ?

Comment

I'm a Monday Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday hunter. If anyone has that time off give me a shout. I'm about an hour from circleville but I don't mind waking up early to be on time. Don't judge me��. I work weekends. Really looking to learn some patterns and get one of these fat piggies soon. Grey Nissan titan. Say hello when u see me as well.

Comment

Went out yesterday with the boy to gate 6. Jumped a couple of does but no piggies. Conditions seemed dam near perfect but got skunked again!

Comment

Originally posted by LonestarGent View Post
                Went out yesterday with the boy to gate 6. Jumped a couple of does but no piggies. Conditions seemed dam near perfect but got skunked again!
                Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
                You never know for sure where they are going to be, you will get into them one day. I've been where you see 50 hogs in one area, and then nothing the next day and for two weeks after that.

Wildman and me once kept some logs on how long it takes to get a shot at a Granger pig, we came up with 6 hunts to see a hog and 12 to kill one; on average.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                  Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
                  You never know for sure where they are going to be, you will get into them one day. I've been where you see 50 hogs in one area, and then nothing the next day and for two weeks after that.

Wildman and me once kept some logs on how long it takes to get a shot at a Granger pig, we came up with 6 hunts to see a hog and 12 to kill one; on average.
                  That's good to hear, sort of. That sounds about right. I've seem 1 pig in about 6 hunts. No shots yet. The time is soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt_hunt View Post
                    I'm a Monday Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday hunter. If anyone has that time off give me a shout. I'm about an hour from circleville but I don't mind waking up early to be on time. Don't judge me��. I work weekends. Really looking to learn some patterns and get one of these fat piggies soon. Grey Nissan titan. Say hello when u see me as well.
                    I am off Wednesday through Friday every week almost and always game to try and stalk some piggies. I am in hutto. not to far from granger.

Comment

Anyone been out lately and seen anything?

Comment

Went out yesterday to gate 6 and headed East. Saw lots of fresh signs including fresh dung but nothing else. Gong again either this afternoon or tomorrow.

Comment

Thinking about heading out there next weekend. Anyone going then?

Comment

was thinking of going Wednesday since that is my next day off.

Comment

thinking might go and do some walking this afternoon. maybe the cold front will have em moving around

Comment

Originally posted by Fthoodtanker View Post
                                thinking might go and do some walking this afternoon. maybe the cold front will have em moving around
                                See anything?

Comment

Working...
                                X