Fall Army Worms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
    Why not ask Producers Co-Op what they recommend? They are usually ahead of everyone else on new pesticides.
    They recommend Lambda

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      lamb-cy will kill all stages as well as grasshopper. But I’m telling ya I can’t touch an unopened jug without burning. It’s bad stuff

Demlin (sp?) has a 21 day residual if no rain but it only kills small.

Bifen cost about $2.30 an acre and has about 7-9 days residual unless it rains
      Yes sir. Cab Tractor or SxS are a must. Burn for a couple days around the eyes, hands, sensitive skin areas if not using proper PPE.

Comment

I use Tombstone and Demlin mixed 2.5OZ per acre of each. once i spray i dont have any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
          Yes sir. Cab Tractor or SxS are a must. Burn for a couple days around the eyes, hands, sensitive skin areas if not using proper PPE.
          I’m in a cab with $800 worth of cabin filters and can’t be near it. Sooo many safer and better options for me. But it will kill em

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
            Are you getting it on your or just the vapors are burning you? I have only mixed 3 tanks (500 gal each) so far, and I haven't had any issues. I try my hardest to never get any chemical on me, so maybe that is the issue.

Comment

I’m in a cab with $800 worth of cabin filters and can’t be near it. Sooo many safer and better options for me. But it will kill em
              Wow...that's crazy!

Comment

New jugs, sealed, in boxes.... within 2 minuets feels like a bad sunburn. As soon as I opening pour in tank... game over, Id rather catch fire

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                  Are you getting it on your or just the vapors are burning you? I have only mixed 3 tanks (500 gal each) so far, and I haven't had any issues. I try my hardest to never get any chemical on me, so maybe that is the issue.
                  First time I used it yes I got it on me. Cabless tractor and wind shifted when I turned. It hit me and the rest of the day felt like I had Icy Hot all over my face and arms.

Neighbors are out spraying now.

Comment

New jugs, sealed, in boxes.... within 2 minuets feels like a bad sunburn. As soon as I opening pour in tank... game over, Id rather catch fire
                    Just handling the one jug this morning I can feel a little burn from it. I hate the stuff. End of my nose is pretty sensitive right now.

Comment

I’ve been battling since May. I’ve sprayed everything minimum 3 times. About to start 4th here at the dairy. I kill the &$&% out of them.... then we get 3/10 rain and start over again. Every blade of grass we own has had them in the past week

Lamb-cy will kill them... but I’ll warn you that stuff is ROUGH! I won’t even handle it anymore

It’s technically not on label.... so I would never use it, cough cough wink but bifen 24% @ 4oz per acre will kill them... I’ve heard cough cough. Fanfare EC

Last 3 years something has changed. I always had them this time of year, but now I battle them literally all dang year. Those that have planted fall plots early are playing with fire in my area. Most will be destroyed before they ever knew they had them
                      They’re just little worms. At least the worms I kill are a lot bigger and have teeth and can kill a man.

Comment

We use lambda, its restricted but that stuff works. Getting ready for our 4th go around with these dang things. We are in smith county and they are the worst I have ever seen them, so bad most places are just completely out of spray and as soon as they restock its gone again. Haven't had rain all year to amount to anything, finally get the rain and the worms eat it faster than you can spray them.

Comment

Originally posted by cphillips View Post
                          We use lambda, its restricted but that stuff works. Getting ready for our 4th go around with these dang things. We are in smith county and they are the worst I have ever seen them, so bad most places are just completely out of spray and as soon as they restock its gone again. Haven't had rain all year to amount to anything, finally get the rain and the worms eat it faster than you can spray them.
                          Red river in Tyler had several pallets in today. Just in before we got there this morning. I sprayed minimum 1000 gallons a day last week some days 1200-1500. Looking about the same this week. I’m on tank 2 today

Not lambda thought... the “other” stuff

Comment

So I sprayed at about 1240pm yesterday afternoon. I checked again a few minutes ago and no stragglers, but I will check again this afternoon.

Comment

Few on edges too....
                              Attached Files

Comment

Few on edges too....
                                Nasty!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X