• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pirates say = no deal yet

Comment

Pirates say = no deal yet

Comment

Yes I got a feeling the Pirates had a last min sudden change of plans and wanted Martes over Paulino....is my suspicion.

And the Astros may have balked over that. Don't blame either side.

Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
          cole for fisher, moran, and paulino
          I hope not

Comment

What? Thought your Canadian boyfriend part time secret agent sports scout ex-D1 coach family guy with no name had the inside scoop....?

Because, according to Jon Morosi, the Astros were close to an agreement to get Cole from the Pirates. According to other reports like this one from Jerry Crasnick, the situation is a little more nuanced than that, or might not be happening at all. And even others, like Jeff Passan, are now reporting that it was an entirely false rumor from the beginning and is still only exists in fantasy form for both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              What? Thought your Canadian boyfriend part time secret agent sports scout ex-D1 coach family guy with no name had the inside scoop....?
              Hahhhhhhahahahahahaha!

Comment

My lawn guy mows the grass for one of the bleacher report receptionists. Just found out the deal is dead in the water for now.

Comment

Talk all you want

The talks are still ongoing as of 4am today.

Arbitration is an issue along with them wanting Whitley or Tucker.

Bet he has more knowledge, played longer then you, was on more draft lists and coached more MLB players then you. But keep on bashing all you want.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    Talk all you want

Bet he has more knowledge, played longer then you, was on more draft lists and coached more MLB players then you. But keep on bashing all you want.
                    Name him.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      Talk all you want

I can guarantee you that talks are ongoing as of 12:41 this afternoon. Of course arbitration is an issue, cuz if Astros get him by Friday they can submit their number instead of pittsburghs. Of course they want Tucker or Whitley. And I don't know anybody.😄 See how easy that was? And if it gets done, and I think it will, it will look like I knew something

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                        I can guarantee you that talks are ongoing as of 12:41 this afternoon. Of course arbitration is an issue, cuz if Astros get him by Friday they can submit their number instead of pittsburghs. Of course they want Tucker or Whitley. And I don't know anybody.😄 See how easy that was? And if it gets done, and I think it will, it will look like I knew something
                        Except for the fact we all know you dont know anything.

In Hinch we Trust!

Comment

Name him.
                          Jason Wood

Comment

I talked with my buddy...I WAS WRONG!!!

He was offered a full time spot at MVP Sports Agency. He moved, so he was contemplating the offer or turned it down. In the meantime Jeremy Fikac took the full time job and was offered more money because of his MLB Experience.

He still has a part time offer on the table to work in between his real job and in the summer.

He told me Machado is under contract with them and the owner/top dog for MVP will get 3% of his contract
                            Last edited by gingib; 01-11-2018, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neck View Post
                              jason wood :d
                              😂😂😂😂

Comment

I'm late to the party here but I was flipping out yesterday. I'm good with it as long as we keep Tucker and Whitley. Like y'all have said it only makes since if it gets done quick before arbitration has to be filed.

I'm good with a Fisher, Martes, Alvarez type deal or Moran somewhere in there. Cole is a top flight dude but 2 yrs left and shakey the last two years in spots. I'm not down for either one of our top 2 guys.

I think the pirates are trying to maximize their profits and trying to get more for him as time gets closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X