No announcement yet.

Camp Bullis 2017????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hunt in 10 across from Combat Pistol Qualification Course (CPQC) Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by born-two-hunt View Post
      I hunt in 10 across from Combat Pistol Qualification Course (CPQC) Tom.
      Ok... I'm in 8B adjacent to the main gate, I'll probably go check to see if anyone messed with my crap this weekend also.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Checked my game camera today and had 3 bucks coming in together several days, lots of pigs and a few turkeys. Rudy at the checkout window said 8 does taken so far. Tom

Comment

21 day calender updated as well as the addition of the 2017-2018 harvest log.

Comment

That's a nice older buck you have. I notice they like to go to the feeder in the mornings. The does are still avoiding my feeder, moving at a distance to the trees with acorns. Hopefully this weekend I can get within distance.

Thanks for the heads up on the schedule. With everyone open this weekend and cooler weather I expect the check station to be busy. Good luck to all. Hope to run into you.

Comment

Are your shooting Windows open during the week. I had the same problem last year. The change to a dark hole that wasn't there before made them skittish unfortunately I did not realize it til the end of the season

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a good point, I'll remember that. But I'm not in a pop-up, just on the ground. I move to different areas based on wind. I got busted too many times in pop-up by the older deer. I'll be honest though, it's a lot harder when you don't have much cover.

Comment

I found that leaving the shooting window of my popup down and pinning some camo netting over the opening works best. Just a matter of cutting the shooting hole the size you need in the camo net. My popup is only 12 yards from my feeder and I haven't been busted yet even while video is being used. Tom

Comment

Happy Veteran's Day! Good luck out there!!!

Comment

Shoot, first doe I see this year with the sun up and I MISS.

Comment

Didn't see anything moving this morning!....Didn't even hear nor see any birds flying around.
                        Strange.

Comment

Took this corn thief tonight at around 1715.

Comment

5q,. Where'd you hit the pig? I shot one nearly identical last night just before dark, briefly looked for the luminock but gave up. I aimed for the middle of body straight above the front leg, arrow went about half way in. Maybe it hit the shoulder on the opposite side, but I'm sure it's dead somewhere. I'd shoot them in the brain if they were close. Also seen that some folks shoot them in the neck. Maybe next time. Just hard to drop the bigger boars. Also learned to shoot them as they face toward the open, and not the brush as they're harder to find.

Besides that, had some smaller bucks and one huge buck come in last night. Wind was perfect for me, the drizzle helped too. Still waiting on the does, starting to get them on camera at the feeder, but they're random and at odd hours.

Comment

Originally posted by L C View Post
                              5q,. Where'd you hit the pig? I shot one nearly identical last night just before dark, briefly looked for the luminock but gave up. I aimed for the middle of body straight above the front leg, arrow went about half way in. Maybe it hit the shoulder on the opposite side, but I'm sure it's dead somewhere. I'd shoot them in the brain if they were close. Also seen that some folks shoot them in the neck. Maybe next time. Just hard to drop the bigger boars. Also learned to shoot them as they face toward the open, and not the brush as they're harder to find.

Besides that, had some smaller bucks and one huge buck come in last night. Wind was perfect for me, the drizzle helped too. Still waiting on the does, starting to get them on camera at the feeder, but they're random and at odd hours.
                              I'm in 8B2. Here's Euro i'm doing with him... Next up peroxide boil for whiting and then reassembly.

Comment

Originally posted by 5qu1n7 View Post
                                I'm in 8B2. Here's Euro i'm doing with him... Next up peroxide boil for whiting and then reassembly.

Here was my shot, it was about 12 yards.

Comment

Working...
                                X