No announcement yet.

She ain't from around here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know man. I've been through a forest fire and the smell of smoke puts me on high alert every time.

Comment

My question is who makes the decision on when to open the doors to the shelter. And when to close -em.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        Yep. We kill one in our yard every now and then. I'm looking forward to her educating us poor, dumb locals about the real and present dangers of rattlesnakes soon.
        Lol we have lots of city people in our division outside of town and they're going nuts about all the snakes seen and killed this year. They don't understand it will happen 5 miles out of town and can't grasp why they see more than us even though they have brushpiles and animal feed for their horses, goats, dogs, and whatever else. I've tried explaining mice come to the feed and snakes to the mice and that brushpiles need to go. Their solution is get a snake hunter in the winter to find THE den they all come from hahaha

Comment

I don't want to have to run 2 or 3 blocks to have to get to a "community" shelter to find out I'm locked out.
          I'll take my chances with my own shelter that is only steps away.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

When you are new to tornado country it takes a while to understand when you need to be concerned and when you can go about your business while keeping an eye out. I had a fraternity brother from upstate New York. (This was at OSU) His first Spring in Stillwater he would dive in the bathtub every time a nasty thunderstorm rolled through. By his third year he figured he wouldn't panic until the Oklahoma farm boys did. If they take cover you better get yourself hid!

Comment

I'd be willing to bet good money that she is in upper management somewhere for her nack for looking at numbers and statistics and totally ignoring everyone's opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_25 View Post
                I'd be willing to bet good money that she is in upper management somewhere for her nack for looking at numbers and statistics and totally ignoring everyone's opinions.
                Lol...lol.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Better knock on wood Shane. lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                    Better knock on wood Shane. lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                    I know. I figure my house will get struck by lightning and then hit by a tornado after posting this thread.

Comment

Y'all need a yankee shelter[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let her experience a few 112 degree days and she'll forget all about tornadoes.

Comment

Making fun of a Military family. SMH. I thank her and her family for their service to this country.

Comment

The response from the Illinois native is what surprises me. I thought there were a lot more serious tonados in Illinois than there are as far west as Ablilene.

Comment

Originally posted by Planner View Post
                              Making fun of a Military family. SMH. I thank her and her family for their service to this country.

Yeah, right. That's what he was doing.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X