No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** if you put Romo in and give him a chance but he falls flat or gets hurt you've lost the ability to trade him for some top tiered talent. Romo statistically looks to be a great QB (regular season) but has always choked in the big games when its one and out(2-4 Playoff record). I would like to see Dak get his chance as it cant be any worse than Romo!

Comment

Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
      Ok

That was an absurd statement you made. Romo has been injured multiple times since last season.
      I'm not a Tony hater at all either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=Killer;12006093]Is it just me or was the two interceptions more on Dez than Dak? Dez slipped on the first and did not run the right route on the 2nd (did he even run a route at all); probably the worst game I have ever seen Dez play.

Nope, not just you. There was several passes that Dez could have caught if he would have made an attempt. I have been saying Dez needs to be traded all season long. He whines about PI every time he misses a pass except for last night.

What I don't get is where were the underneath passes? Every pass play seemed to be down field hence the pressure getting to Dak so quick. Didn't see any adjustments by the receivers on blitzes either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
          That was an absurd statement you made. Romo has been injured multiple times since last season.
          I'm not a Tony hater at all either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          So because he's been hurt means that Dak is a better quarterback right now? I don't know for sure that Romo is the better option right now, but I'm also not sure that Dak is either. My hunch is that Tony is the better NFL QB at this point. I really don't see what's so absurd about that, but we all got our opinions.

Comment

[quote=jabel;12006310]
            Originally posted by Killer View Post
            Is it just me or was the two interceptions more on Dez than Dak? Dez slipped on the first and did not run the right route on the 2nd (did he even run a route at all); probably the worst game I have ever seen Dez play.

Nope, not just you. There was several passes that Dez could have caught if he would have made an attempt. I have been saying Dez needs to be traded all season long. He whines about PI every time he misses a pass except for last night.

What I don't get is where were the underneath passes? Every pass play seemed to be down field hence the pressure getting to Dak so quick. Didn't see any adjustments by the receivers on blitzes either.
            Several passes that Dez could have caught ? You must have watched a different game than I did, Dez played bad but lets not get carried away.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Spagnuolo sent the blitz early and often, and got away with it. Not every team has the personel to do that, and I don't think NY could do it again.
              This Romo talk is ridiculous.
              Let's see what Tampa Bay does?

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
              I think it safe to safe the Cowboys coaching staff do...and they are in the know way more than any of us.

This is just part of a maturing nfl player. Gotta figure it all out.

Go Cowboys!
              You mean the coaching staff that didn't change anything at halftime. Didn't do anything about an all out blitze/pressure package. Letting receivers still running 20 yard routes and the same ole packages. I suppose that defense is un-offensible.

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              I hope I'm wrong I just don't see Jason Garrett taking the cowboys to a Super Bowl.
              I don't either. He was completely perplexed last night. Couldn't figure out a way to beat the blitz/pressure. No adjustments by Cowboys, NY changed their play and prevailed.

Comment

I had no idea so many of yall thought Eli was a top 3 all time qb. I mean... he has the 3rd best playoff record so yall must think he's the 3rd best right??? And while we're at it, buttfumble has played in a conf champhionship so heck he's better than Romo too?

There's 21 other players on the field people. The ONLY reason the Cowboys had a chance in those years was BECAUSE of Romo.
                Last edited by NoFence; 12-12-2016, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Why are we still talking about Romo he is the back up! He will not be a factor unless Dak gets hurt!

Comment

[quote=mjhaverkamp;12006566]
                    Originally posted by jabel View Post

Several passes that Dez could have caught ? You must have watched a different game than I did, Dez played bad but lets not get carried away.
                    Players make plays. If a player has to dive for or slide in order to make play, then make it. There was one play early in the game where Dez was going across the middle and the pass was low. He didn't even make an attempt to make that play. That's just one right off the top of my head.
                    I don't think the sky is falling after their second loss of the season. The lack of adjustments by Linehan is what bothers me!

I am totally behind Dak because he befriended a little guy while at MSU that suffers from the same genetic disorder that my late son suffered from. The disorder is called San Filippo syndrome. Google it if you want and you will understand why we are behind Dak.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      This.....$72million for 4 yrs and that Sam Bradford thread just remind us Cowboys fans that things are pretty good around here.

Comment

They say the back up quarterback is always the most popular guy in town after a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          They say the back up quarterback is always the most popular guy in town after a loss.
                          I believe Romo wins that game, no doubt. However, now it is up to Dak to learn and improve quickly. He had trouble getting past his second read, especially since they took Witten away for the check down. Romo would have seen the coverage and gone straight to his third and 4th option, which were open all night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've not been on the Dak band wagon. He has played well for a rookie for sure. If we didn't have Romo, I would be perfectly happy knowing that Zeke has taken us behind the best line in foot ball to a 11-2 record. The recipe is clear how to beat the cowboys. Put 8 guys in the box and blitz on obvious passing downs. Usually a running game such as the cowboys have would loosen up the coverage as the game goes on but nobody is afraid of getting beat by Daks arm. We have a rookie qb who can't see past his 1st read and can't read the defense pre-snap. Did anyone see the play in the fourth quarter where he checked to a run on 3 and 13?

Comment

[quote=jabel;12006909]
                              Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post

Players make plays. If a player has to dive for or slide in order to make play, then make it. There was one play early in the game where Dez was going across the middle and the pass was low. He didn't even make an attempt to make that play. That's just one right off the top of my head.
                              I don't think the sky is falling after their second loss of the season. The lack of adjustments by Linehan is what bothers me!

I am totally behind Dak because he befriended a little guy while at MSU that suffers from the same genetic disorder that my late son suffered from. The disorder is called San Filippo syndrome. Google it if you want and you will understand why we are behind Dak.
                              I am behind Dak as well, he has a bright future, sorry for your loss, can't imagine.

Comment

All this needless back an forth about Dak v Romo.... Let's give it a break felllas... At the end of the day whichever one is in the game is going to help determine the outcome of that particular game. Does not matter what we think, at the end of the day, that decision is out of our hands.

I am truly more concerned of meeting the redskins in the playoffs than meeting the Giants again. Cowboy receivers will need to run better short routes and who ever is playing QB needs to get them the ball. All the blitz plays are not going to stop until Dak answers by consistently putting up points against that defensive game plan...

Comment

Working...
                                X