No announcement yet.

Difference between TBH and other forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been on TBH for a long time and love this place but I have also been filling a deer lease from only TBH members for the last 12 years. After a few years we did get a good stable group but at the beginning....well let me just say we this place like all others has its rejects. I will not name anyone as a couple of these are currently or have been in the past very, very active and fairly well thought of...not as well thought of as the famous poacher, but still well thought of.....Our lease is bow only. We start shooting bucks at 4 1/2. We had a guy shot a 3 1/2 double beam buck at 170 yards with his 270......We had some guys that came in and built feed pens that were something like 28-30 inches tall. I asked about the height and they told me that is how they have always done it and it would be fine. This was a drought year.....later when the cows started jumping in their pens it was somehow my fault and they wanted me to make it stop.....They could have just unwired their panels and moved them up a foot or so and been alright but since they blamed me I did not bother to tell them.......Had another guy they complained they 2 of us kept all of the bucks on our side of the lease.....you mean by feeding lots of corn, walking in, and not hunting the wrong winds? It was the same guy that when he left he called wanting me to buy all of his equipment so he would not have to move it. I made him an offer and he accepted. Later he was complaining about how little I paid him.... LOL...anyway I don't think the OP said anything that was wrong but I see how some could get it twisted. It would not have bothered me any personally but then I am not a snowflake. As far as dealing with others on TBH ....it is much better than most places but you still have to be careful. Don't pay for something before you know you are are going to get it. Use to you could find great stuff in the classified for a good price. You paid that back later when you had something to sell. Now days it seems to be filled with stuff that people say they must sale and then they price it about 10% over new retail....LOL

-john

Comment

I tried to get on that website, they let me have a membership, but I cant post...whats up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Mudshack View Post
        Ahhhh. Come on!! I haven't lived in Texas since 2009. Been in Missouri. I have to stay up on current events. But in the end, I always look at TBH as home. As TBH is who motivated me to buy my first bow back in 2005. TBH taught me how to shoot. I never had any friends who shot, so it was TBH. I still have some great friends from TBH. We see each other from time to time, even though I am still up here in the land of giant whitetails.
        Now you done did it A...Aron! Making fun of our small whitetails

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Worley View Post
          Now you done did it A...Aron! Making fun of our small whitetails

Comment

Working...
          X