The Official Scotch Whiskey Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
    That is the best ive ever tried. Been wanting to buy a bottle, but just havent yet. Mighty fine choice imo

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I just finished a bottle of blue. For the price I wasn't impressed at all. I actually liked the cheaper green label better.

Comment

Drank some Scotch at my sons batchelor party. It was 50 years old and $230 a bottle. I know nothing about Scotch and haven't drank in years, but that stuff was very good. Cannot remember the name of it.

Comment

100 yr old Aberlour

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
          My favorite blend is probably Monkey Shoulder. It is SWEET compared to what I normally drink, it is a great scotch to start ppl on.
          Best bang for your buck with blended Scotch. I bought it on a recommendation from a buddy and didn't have high hopes, but I was impressed, especially for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
            Fort Worth if you're ever passing through and it's time for 3 fingers! There's a humidor with assorted Macanudo's to go with.
            Is this an evergreen invite for the community?!?!? Sounds awesome!

Comment

Happy National Scotch Day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tried Monkey Shoulder. Love it . Making it my go to now.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
                  Tried Monkey Shoulder. Love it . Making it my go to now.

I keep hearing great things. I need to stop putting it back every time I pick it up. Price seems too good to be true

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                    I keep hearing great things. I need to stop putting it back every time I pick it up. Price seems too good to be true

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    I usually don't like blends as much as Single Malts, but this one is very drinkable. You can tell it's young, but it is very smooth.

It is a mix of William Grant & Sons’ three distilleries: Glenfiddich, The Balvenie, and Kininvie. Definitely has a good pedigree.

Comment

Anyone around Brazoria County want a bottle of Monkey Shoulder? Maybe it’s because I just ate, but yuck!

Comment

New leader in the clubhouse! Lismore Single Malt. Cheap, too, at only about $28/ 750ml before tax.

Comment

Picked this up the yesterday and I really like it. I was a big fan of the Macallan edition # 1 and 2, hated the #3, but really digging this the #4.

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
                            Picked this up the yesterday and I really like it. I was a big fan of the Macallan edition # 1 and 2, hated the #3, but really digging this the #4.

What would you compare it to?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                              What would you compare it to?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                              I am by no means a palate expert who can give a highly critical analysis, but to me it tastes a lot like Macallan 18, but at less than half the price. The sherry is a little less pronounced (but still a Sherry bomb) in the Macallan edition #4, but it is quite tasty and even has a hint of chocolate. Also tastes similar to the Glenmorangie Signet.

Comment

Anyone tried this?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2312.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	24551988

Comment

Working...
                                X