Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice swamp! Glad it went well!

Comment

Thankfully when everything was on sale, I picked up 2 racks. Will get another shot at it... probably labor day weekend. Not sure what else I would do differently. The pull was just right and they were tender. Might put a little more kick in the rub.

Comment

Tag

Comment

Tagged as well...

Comment

I think I did it right?
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
              I think I did it right?

Looks good to me

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                I think I did it right?
                Yeah, I'd say from that picture you did it right

Comment

Tagged. Cooking 6 racks tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    I'm pretty much the same way as most of these fellas above on the times....

I'll peel the membrane and trim off any excess fat...trim to St.Louis style ribs....then cover both sides in rub of your choice. You can use mustard or oil as a binder if you want.

I smoke at 250-275 for 2 hours (3 if pit is 225) and spritz at one hour and second hour.

I then double wrap pouring a half cup of apple juice in the bottom of the foil. If I want a sweet rib, I'll cover the top with liquid butter with a silicone brush and brown sugar as well as a light dusting of more rub. If a savory rib is the choice for the day, I add the squeeze butter and the light dusting of rub.

Put it back on the pit for another 2 hours....

If it is to be a dry rib, I open up the foil after the 2 hours above and let the bark set up for 45min -hour.

If it is a wet rib with BBQ sauce, I open to let it set up for 30 minutes, add BBQ sauce with a silicone brush and let that carmelize for another 30. For the BBQ sauce, I usually take some of the au jous from the foil and mix with Head Country or SBR Sweet and Spicy to cut it then glaze with a silicone brush.

I'll usually let them rest in the foil closed back up for 30 minutes while I prep the other food.... although resting for a thin cut of meat like ribs is not as important as a brisket or PB.

Flip over the rack so you can see the bone and cut accordingly. Cutting from the top is a guessing game..

This is what I do. It's probably a little OCD for some, but it works for me. There are a million ways to do it..

[ATTACH]723539[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]723535[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]723536[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]723537[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]723538[/ATTACH]

When done, do you prefer a little tug or fall off the bone clean??

Comment

Smart, school me on ribs

I like some tug...just enough to keep it on the bone...Fall off the bone clean is over done. Anybody can overcook ribs and make them fall off the bone. It just take time.

I'd still eat them but a tender bite while the rest stays on the bone is my preferred

Comment

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                          The one on the left didn't have the sauce per my wife's request.

Letting set while the sides are being finished.

Looks good. You're wife is wise! I prefer dry ribs personally too.

Comment

I’m going to pick up 2 racks today, and try out smoking ribs for the first time tomorrow. Can someone explain in a little more detail your fire and how you do your smoke? What kind of wood, big chunks or soaked chips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                              I’m going to pick up 2 racks today, and try out smoking ribs for the first time tomorrow. Can someone explain in a little more detail your fire and how you do your smoke? What kind of wood, big chunks or soaked chips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              What kind of smoker are you using?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I rub mine with ribtickler let set overnight in the cooler, 300° 2-up 2-down 2-wrapped.

Comment

Working...
                                X