• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will try to post some updates throughout the hunt

Comment

I have a group in Kreiger pasture. Come see us and we can compare notes

Comment

Just got your message. I didn't have good service out there. How did your group do?

Comment

How was the action there? Did you hear if anyone had killed anything good in the last couple weeks?

Comment

I heard a couple guys killed 2 older nice bucks last week, not sure of the size. My group of 3 didn't get a kill and neither did the group of 8 hunters next to us on HH south. Had several opportunities at bucks but the ones I saw were borderline 14" width. First evening I had a nice buck come in at 20 yards and eat corn I threw out on a road. He looked older and had a tall rack, just was borderline 14" (I didn't chance it because I didn't want to pay extra). I saw deer 4 out of 6 hunts and at least 4 deer within shooting range (20-30 yards). I never saw any does, just bucks and spikes. One guy in our group saw up to 7 deer in one hunt. One guy saw deer every hunt, a couple hogs, and had a 140+ come out but couldn't seal a good shot. There is definitely not a shortage of deer at this place. I will be going back now that I have an idea of how to set up. It did rain one night and flood us out of the HH North shack.

Comment

Good deal, wish they would update their Facebook page air website with pics.

Comment

Yeah me too

Comment

I think our group will go back but maybe not the Kreiger pasture. We had 11 hunters 0 kills and 5 guys never saw a deer on the stand. We would see them going in the morning and out in the evening. Corn route wasn't run due to wet weather but we have a better idea of how to hunt there now. I keep hearing the river pasture has the best hunting. Two descent bucks were seen but that isn't many shooter deer for 11 guys. Still had a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus2236 View Post
                    I think our group will go back but maybe not the Kreiger pasture. We had 11 hunters 0 kills and 5 guys never saw a deer on the stand. We would see them going in the morning and out in the evening. Corn route wasn't run due to wet weather but we have a better idea of how to hunt there now. I keep hearing the river pasture has the best hunting. Two descent bucks were seen but that isn't many shooter deer for 11 guys. Still had a good time.
                    It's a tough hunt for sure and usually takes a couple trips to get it down. Some get lucky first trip or two but that is not the norm. I still love going.

Comment

thanks for all the info really is helpful !

Comment

Working...
                      X