No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a heads up, lots of people get diarrhea with the concentrated MCT oils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hughiam View Post
      So can this work for a very simple guy that basically eats meat, potatos and a vegetable? I don't like a lot of "food", very basic in my tastes, no sauces, no condiments, no salad dressings, no gravys' etc.

Is there a "simple" basic meal plan available?
      The basic idea is to eat more fat in place of carbs, especially starchy carbs like potato/grains. Don't do a 1:1 replacement though.

Comment

My strips have been purple all week but something is making me hold water. Sausage fingers and that means the scale ain't moving down. Ugh.
        Buying any lunch meats or sausage uncured and trying to not go overboard on cheese. Guzzling water too.

Last edited by TexaRican; 03-30-2017, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I'm down 24lbs, I've used the strips and the darkest I've ever been is light pink. Looking forward to having a cheat day soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
            I'm down 24lbs, I've used the strips and the darkest I've ever been is light pink. Looking forward to having a cheat day soon.

I have been bouncing back and forth between 40 and 80. Down 9.4 lbs in 10 days.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
              I have been bouncing back and forth between 40 and 80. Down 9.4 lbs in 10 days.

Not sure how the numbers relate. Mine have a chart showing faint pink as trace up through dark purple as heavy. If I have a bourbon or scotch in the evening I will wake up and show trace or light. After work it's always dark purple.
              Should be seeing pounds drop but I'm lifting too and am sore. I know I will have a day soon when I pee every 10 minutes and I will be down 10lbs[emoji1]

Comment

I finally broke the 270 mark at 268. Still fluctuating around 270. I am leaning out and looking a lot more vascular my jeans that fit on Super Bowl weekend are 2-3 sizes to small.

Comment

Does anyone else get a good jolt of energy from keto coffee? I use 1 T coconut oil and 1 T Kerry Gold butter. I have used MCT oil, sparingly, it makes the gut go boom at times.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                    Does anyone else get a good jolt of energy from keto coffee? I use 1 T coconut oil and 1 T Kerry Gold butter. I have used MCT oil, sparingly, it makes the gut go boom at times.

I've only drank it once. I am a definite not a coffee fan, but it does give you a good kick in the pants. I tried it with hot tea, and it just doesn't cover the taste of the fat as well.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post

Yep, we add a little heavy cream, vanilla extract, and sometimes peppermint extract also. Yum
                      We don't use MCT oil because it's in the coconut oil

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                        Not sure how the numbers relate. Mine have a chart showing faint pink as trace up through dark purple as heavy. If I have a bourbon or scotch in the evening I will wake up and show trace or light. After work it's always dark purple.
                        Should be seeing pounds drop but I'm lifting too and am sore. I know I will have a day soon when I pee every 10 minutes and I will be down 10lbs[emoji1]

On my strips, that's moderate and the lower level of high.

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
                          Yep, we add a little heavy cream, vanilla extract, and sometimes peppermint extract also. Yum
                          We don't use MCT oil because it's in the coconut oil

I used either or but stick with coconut oil as my main source.

Comment

For what it's worth, I've been in nutritional ketosis for 16 consecutive months. Every health marker I know to measure has improved drastically (H-A1C, BGL, HDL, LDL, VLDL, TGL, hsC-rp, BP, TSH, testosterone, body fat) and I'm off six prescription medicines (zero now). Energy is constant, I feel better at 40 than I did at 30 (or 20 for that matter). Worked wonders for arthritis/joint pain, too.

Calories in-calories out was a losing battle for me. The metabolic and hormonal advantages of nutritional ketosis combined with nutrient density from unprocessed foods and intermittent fasting are my normal-why would I go back to what I know doesn't work for me? It's nothing new-my ancestors are this way until the last few decades.

Just my experience. YMMV. But it's worth a shot.

Last edited by JonW; 04-09-2017, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Well, I haven't weighed in a couple days because I'm at work, but as of Saturday morning I was down 13.4 pounds since I started. It has kind of slowed because I have had some cheats in there. Man, carbs make me feel pretty crappy now. I only ever get hungry when I have gone over on my carbs and come out of ketosis. Aside from those mess ups, I am LOVING the diet. I am technically only about 4 pounds from my goal, but I may lower the goal some. I'm thinking of getting down to 145 and then increasing my calorie intake and hitting the weights to gain some muscle mass. I know that's typically hard on ketosis, but we shall see.
                              By the way... any "diet" that lets me eat like THIS is a good one in my books...

Comment

Congrats on the loss boy's! I'm down to 265 myself. Started around 280 but I had my daily caloric intake set to high. Dropped it by 100 calories and started intermittent fasting and the weight dropped off! Birthday weekend is coming up and I'll have some carbs then. Until then, it's on!

Comment

Working...
                                X