The Long John Silvers Paradox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here.

I have to go there every 4 months or so. IT IS CRACK!!!

Comment

I used to love LJS 20-25 years ago, they're terrible now. Come to Ft. Worth and go to Zeke's instead, you'll never go back to LJS.

Comment

Man, I'm craving some LJS!

Comment

I just cant do it! If I eat it I can crap through a fruit loop!

Comment

Never have, never will.

Comment

Fish planks and a roll of toilet paper.
              I thought only yankees ate that disgusting malt vinegar stuff.

Comment

Their fish is a grease sponge. If I eat it I'll take a stack of about 10 napkins, put the fish on them with about 5 more napkins on top, then press down on the stack. Grease with soak into all the napkins. At least I'm getting some of the grease out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Devin View Post
                  I had this exact conversation with my wife last night and I do the same thing, but about once a year. Don't have the gastro trouble fortunately..... or unfortunately. Maybe that'd cure me.
                  Myself!!! I also like the shrimp!. I don't do it often, but when I get the urge, I satisfy that urge! I have a steel lined stomach, so no problem for me.

Comment

Y'all makin me hungry!

Comment

Let me start by saying each of us have approx. 1.5 kg of bacteria (about as much as a 3.3 lb bass) between the esophagus and lower intestine. Most of it is harmless and helps our body regulate the production of everything from tears to semen. Your occasional LJS craving could be due to an active outbreak of a strain of gut biome in the Ruminococcus genus.

I did my med school thesis and residency studies on the frequency of complications in tonsillectomy surgeries within 3 miles of fast food restaurants and concluded that foodborne illnesses commonly found in places like LJS are typically the result of gut biomes from many different sources being mixed and then activated by heat lamps and frying activities. In simplest terms, one employee touching the genitals of another employee with a warm hand or foot could accelerate bacterial growth 5x to 10x.

Nothing terrible!

Comment

I used to go thru the same experience; now I only go by to get some of their bait fish in order to catch real fish, LOL!

Comment

Haven't read through the responses so don't know where this thread is at, but to the OPs question, yeah about 2-3 times a year I get a serious craving. Don't know why, nothing special but I get the fish and chicken tenders.

Comment

Had a co-worker talk a bunch of us into going a few years back. It had to have been at least 12-15 years since I had eaten LJS. I absolutely love the chicken planks, but that visit will probably tide me over for another 10-12 years.

Comment

I am getting the urge again!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
                                I am getting the urge again!!!!!
                                It's been almost a year and a half (since the last post to this thread), you should.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X