No announcement yet.

Heart of texas bowhunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both myself and my wife took good deer at HOT this year. I got a 140 inch 8 pt , and she took her first buck bow kill, another 8pt, that scored 130. So the good deer are there. I saw a couple of deer that were upper 140, maybe 150 class, but as said in another post, they just didnt come into the setup. Stayed out a bit, but they will come during the rut when following does.................So HOT is a great place to hunt. Been the last 4 years and have had success nearly every year. You have to be smart on your set up. And the main thing is getting in without spooking deer, and then once your done hunting, GET out as quietly as possible. And set up according to where Kevin tells you, and with the right wind direction for that weekend...............I saw first hand the difference it makes on one of my wifes set up. Had to move her after first days hunt, and it was amazing the amount of deer she saw after that and was only about 100 yards away from first set up. Just move her on the opposite side of the ridge, after the wind had switched.
    I personally like the first few weeks of October, and the 2nd and 3rd weekends of November...............Good luck to all the bowhunters who try Heart of Texas........its AWESOME

Comment

Also, Buddydeville................you are so right on the fact, YOU CAN NOT walk around your whole pasture looking for your set up..............listen to kevin, find that spot, set up and get out.............I truely feel that is the mistake alot of people are making that arent seeing deer. They are looking and looking for "THE" spot, instead of getting between the bedding area and feeders as kevin states, and setting up, and getting out.
      We have to remember, these deer get educated quick when you have people in every weekend. So the quicker and quiter you are getting in there, the better the odds

Comment

Have you ever seen any exotics on there? I see on the website a few axis, are those just free-range that come through every now and then? Also are there very many hogs on the place? Thanks

Comment

Trophyhunter67 did you get that deer in your profile picture off of HOT?

Comment

Originally posted by danierc View Post
            Any one go here this past weekend?? Me and my dad are heading out there for next weekend Nov.5-7
            How did you and your Dad do on the hunt?

Comment

Glad to hear others are enjoying such an affordable place to hunt. We are trying to go one more time before season ends. Anyone interested in trying to make one last trip or have trip planned let me know.Like to meet other forum members and shoot the breeze.If any first timers are there while I'm there don't hesitate to ask for advice.I have hunted most of the pastures on both ranches. Trophyhunter67 congrats to you and the wife on the nice deer.

Guys asking if Kevin fined Mossy Oak for shooting those under 120 buck.I'd say prolly not beings they provide a tv show done on his place.That alone would cost Kevin about 10k for the advertising in those 30 minutes.I'd say he lets them shoot a buck of choice and gladly helps them clean.I'm sure anyone of us would do the same thing.This is on speculation on my part but as a business owner I'd say that'd just be good business,huh?

Comment

Working...
              X