• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry in Tilden but deer are looking good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
      Farmlogs has me at 10.11" since Jan 1. That's counting their 0.02" events [emoji36]
      We are sitting at 15.12" for the year according to FarmLogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike M View Post
        We are sitting at 15.12" for the year according to FarmLogs.

Those 5" make a lot of difference if it has come since May 15. It's crazy that in the past few years I've noticed a definite low rain shadow in SW Dimmit county, I've been below rainfall compared to 20mi NE, E, and SE for the last several years. This year started as an above average year until the rain shut off.

The brush still looks good and the deer are hammering the protein. I don't start cameras until Aug, so I don't know how they are progressing. We'll see in 30-45 days [emoji848]

Comment

Those 5" make a lot of difference if it has come since May 15. It's crazy that in the past few years I've noticed a definite low rain shadow in SW Dimmit county, I've been below rainfall compared to 20mi NE, E, and SE for the last several years. This year started as an above average year until the rain shut off.

The brush still looks good and the deer are hammering the protein. I don't start cameras until Aug, so I don't know how they are progressing. We'll see in 30-45 days [emoji848]
          We've gotten around 8.5"s since May 15. About 5"s of that was between 5/31-6/5. We have been really lucky and caught some timely rains. It is still pretty green at our place, but starting to dry up.

Comment

South Texas Hunters 2016 Thread

Originally posted by Big Mike M View Post
            We've gotten around 8.5"s since May 15. About 5"s of that was between 5/31-6/5. We have been really lucky and caught some timely rains. It is still pretty green at our place, but starting to dry up.

What a difference 100 miles can make [emoji15] Count your blessings [emoji22]

The arid brush country can dry up fast! Windy, 100*, and low humidity take a toll.
            Last edited by Peyton; 07-11-2016, 10:42 PM.

Comment

What a difference 100 miles can make [emoji15] Count your blessings [emoji22]
              A few miles can make a difference. We've gotten 2.68"s more than the pasture next to ours. I'm not going to complain one bit.

Comment

Between Dilley and Cotulla. 6 years now

Comment

South Texas Hunters 2016 Thread

Was getting pretty dry at our place last weekend, hopefully we will get some rain soon. Pretty sure this is an 8 I passed on last year and hopefully he will be bigger this year.

Comment

Headed down in the morning to fill up protein and put out cameras. I'm have been going through 2000 lbs of protein every month since January

Comment

Heading down to Catarina to put out another 24 tons of protein and 2 tons of cottonseed. The deer have backed of a little but are still hammering the cottonseed. Tons of baby quail everywhere. These 100+ days are taking a toll on the land. We could use a good soaking soon.

Comment

I hunt 40 miles south of Hebbronville. Itching to get down there and change my set up a little. I work outside daily but I am dreading the heat down there. It can be brutal and a bit scary when I am by myself with all of these around.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Guess it's time to build some better feeder pens. Those Zapata slow elk sure know how to tear things up.

Comment

What's been the going rate for Longs Pest Control to take care of the bee hives? I'm 15 miles s of Catarina and they quoted me 500.00.

Comment

Originally posted by slickfish View Post
                              Guess it's time to build some better feeder pens. Those Zapata slow elk sure know how to tear things up.
                              Seems there's always one smart one and the rest follow...ugh

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BonesandArrow View Post
                                I hunt 40 miles south of Hebbronville. Itching to get down there and change my set up a little. I work outside daily but I am dreading the heat down there. It can be brutal and a bit scary when I am by myself with all of these around.
                                If you get another one like that & can drop it in a freezer let me know...I came across a great reptile smith down here in the valley. I had a monster in my freezer that had killed my dog some years ago, but wasn't any good due to time frame being frozen.

I still want to get a mount done...I was told they just can't be ready to shed. Best if caught alive & dropped into freezer for mounting. I'm not gonna do that!!

Comment

Working...
                                X