South Texas Hunters 2016 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would have to say yes

Was at the ranch in Freer this weekend shooting hogs. We had 1.5'' and a lot of it was missing us to the South. Ranch looked great, everything was very green and the extra rain was in perfect timing. More quail pairs than I have seen in years. We didn't shoot any off this place last year in hopes we would get another good hatch. It would be nice to see the quail numbers where they once were....

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
    Anyone know if the Hebbronvile area got any rain?

Comment

In La Moca Ranch Area north of Laredo off 83 North. Got some rain Saturday for about 30-1hour and then small drizzle Sunday for majority of the day. Was looking at Game cams and noticed that some turkeys showed up at some feeders over last weeke

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
        Was at the ranch in Freer this weekend shooting hogs. We had 1.5'' and a lot of it was missing us to the South. Ranch looked great, everything was very green and the extra rain was in perfect timing. More quail pairs than I have seen in years. We didn't shoot any off this place last year in hopes we would get another good hatch. It would be nice to see the quail numbers where they once were....
        Which direction out of Freer are you hunting? The rain seemed real hit or miss down there. Farmlogs said our place got about 1.5"s.

Comment

West of 16 between Freer and Hebbronvile..

Comment

Thanks, I was down there a couple weeks ago. Had .5" of rain in the gauge but not sure when it fell. We are seeing a ton of quail pairing up also. I'm hunting just south west of Hebbronville going towards Mirando.

Comment

First post. On ranch north of Zapata. Tons of rain already this year, green as can be. Looking forward to following this thread this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just leased a new place West of Crystal City...we were there this weekend and the ranch is in great shape. Not sure how much rain we got but it poured on and off all weekend!

Comment

Was headed down this weekend to feed, but I'm sure its way muddy between Encinal and Catarina.

Comment

Farmlogs reporting we had 6 straight days with rain - 5.5" through yesterday east of Batesville. Shaping up to be a great growing season.

Comment

Not sure what we got but my sister said it is a wet soupy mess down in Tilden right now. Almost got the truck stuck checking on feeders. I would guess we got 1-2". We needed it! Should keep things going for another month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                        Not sure what we got but my sister said it is a wet soupy mess down in Tilden right now. Almost got the truck stuck checking on feeders. I would guess we got 1-2". We needed it! Should keep things going for another month or so.

Bubba I drove thru every bit of that nasty stuff headed down 59 going to Mexico
                        It was super nasty and dumping rain by the buckets. It all looked very green down thru that whole area

Good luck everyone

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                          In the last two weeks, we have gotten close to 4"s in Freer. A lot of the big rain missed us to the north. It wouldn't surprise me if you got a lot more than that.

Comment

We got 4.5" south of Laredo on the family place and about 3" in Zapata at the lease! As others have stated, it is shaping up to be another great year for horns!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                              This is the 5th annual thread. It's getting that time again to start doing some shed hunting and work around our places. Post your shed findings, rut reports, feed schedules, cheap corn prices, LPD'S or anything else pertaining to hunting in South Texas. This is also a thread were we can get info for people close to your place, and maybe we can lend a helping hand if needed.

I'm in Falfurrias off 285, and usually make about 6 to 8 trips a year to the ranch.
                              I hunt in premont about 20 minutes from falfurrias

Comment

In premont there was 6 1/2" sloppy mess under the feeders for sure

Comment

Working...
                                X