Opinions wanted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions wanted.

This is the design I plan on blasting into the glass on my bow cabinet.
    We cut this stencil by hand but the ones I use on the cabinet glass will be cut out by a machine, i hope it gives more definition to the edges.
    This is the first time I have sand blasted glass so I'm practing before I do the real deal.

How do you think this will look ?

Forgot to attach the pic, LOL
    Attached Files

Comment

That's sharp, like it!

Comment

Approved.

Comment

Looks cool!

Comment

what is your opinion? You're the one who has to look at it every day! I like it, but my opinion doesn't matter.

Comment

What, no Rage ? Just kidding , I like it, go with it.

Comment

Thanks guys, I think we are gonna play around with a few more designs but I like the arrow head for sure

Comment

Originally posted by mossyoak20 View Post
                  what is your opinion? You're the one who has to look at it every day! I like it, but my opinion doesn't matter.
                  It's easy for me to get tunnel vision on a project so I like to step back and get opinions.
                  This place is great for that because everyone pretty much calls it like they see it

Comment

Looks Good!

Comment

I dont know anything about what you are fixing to do, but I think it should turn out pretty sharp.

Comment

Is the stencil going to be an adhesive backed vinyl? We have done glass mugs before. We use 80 grit AO at about 80 psi just go over the area you are blasting an even amount of times. This is kind of reverse what you are wanting to do. This whole mug was blasted, then the vinyl stencil was removed.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by buckfan50; 10-31-2017, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by buckfan50 View Post
                          Is the stencil going to be an adhesive backed vinyl? We have done glass mugs before. We use 80 grit AO at about 80 psi just go over the area you are blasting an even amount of times. This is kind of reverse what you are wanting to do. This whole mug was blasted, then the vinyl stencil was removed.
                          I bought some 8 mil. vinyl release that is designed for blasting glass, my biggest problem is getting the stencils cut. A friend of ours has a machine but its not designed to cut vinyl this thick and we broke it trying to make it work.
                          My wife is doing some research now trying to find what machine is best and then order one to cut with.
                          Originally i wanted to take the scene from my avatar and sandblast that and we might try it if we can get a machine to do it.

Comment

You should just be able to use the vinyl that’s for the cricut machine. That’s what we use.

Comment

Originally posted by buckfan50 View Post
                              You should just be able to use the vinyl that’s for the cricut machine. That’s what we use.
                              I'll get some cut out on that tonight and see how that goes

Comment

Working...
                              X