No announcement yet.

Who has been shafted by a taxidermist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got cheated out of my deposit and my snake. Killed a 63” rattler with 16 rattles that was a big ol fat toad. Taxi always told me to check back in a few months. Went by there one time and he was gone. That was here in Amarillo in the late 80s.

Comment

Tag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
        I’ve only ever used myself and Chance Love. I can be an idiot sometimes but Chance Love is consistently awesome.

I have only used one my entire life. Never anything but good experience.
        LW Dossman near my house in cypress. 45 years from first to last for me and my fAmily.

Comment

Great job on a bass mount by Dan Lansford, owner of Professional Taxidermy in Cedar Park (north of Austin). Done on time, looking great. Would take anything to him. Apparently he does everything from freshwater fish to African game.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Yep ......

[IMG]ttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180728/b181a9582e41590d6784387eba0154db.jpg[/IMG]

that cat makes me laugh every time you post it, looks sad and real hungry....

Comment

This thread is a prime example of why you dont try to save money when it comes to Taxidermy..

Comment

[QUOTE=AntlerCollector;13511718]Yep ......

Is that a possum?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Yep ......

Turn the stove off bud, its done.

Comment

Originally posted by radar View Post
                    turn the stove off bud, its done.:d

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                      I have had an axis and a fallow cape with mark couture at gods creation taxidermy for two years and still don’t have them back from the tannery. They were supposed to be flat skins. I paid him up front too, which is standard for tanning.
                      He has had my Bobcat for 21 months. I expect it any "day" now

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                        I have had an axis and a fallow cape with mark couture at gods creation taxidermy for two years and still don’t have them back from the tannery. They were supposed to be flat skins. I paid him up front too, which is standard for tanning.
                        That's crazy, he did a ram for me 3 or so years ago, and I had it back in less than 3 months.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by charrell71 View Post
                          That's crazy, he did a ram for me 3 or so years ago, and I had it back in less than 3 months.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                          Looks like a great mount. I hope my cat turns out as nice

Comment

Lost a color phase black bear hide to a taxidermist in Saskatoon. I was nervous about trying to transport a raw hide back on a flight so decided to use the guy our outfitter recommended. Everyone else got their bear from our 2016 hunt, but I haven’t heard from the guy in 8 months.

I’ve used a few different taxidermists that I was referred to by family or friends, but I can’t imagine using anyone other than Allen Palermo for any future mounts. He does outstanding work. Glad to see there are many good ones out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              Four or five years ago my sister dropped off my buff colored fallow deer hide to be tanned at a taxi in the Tyler area. The guy got kidney cancer or something and was ill. A year later she finally went to pick it up and it was the wrong hide. The one they tried to give her was red. They didn't have my hide anywhere in the shop. I hope she posts his name, but on the other hand I fear that he has passed on (died).
                              Steve "Wolf" Richardson at Wolf Creek Taxidermy. He had a bad stroke after recovering from his kidney problems (not cancer, but can't remember). He couldn't remember anything and his condition forced him to close shop. He never did find that hide. Sometimes, there's just not much a person can do. I called him every month for a year, and offered to help him look for it. He eventually stopped answering the phone, and his wife eventually quit returning phone calls. I never did find out what happened to him, but he was respected and he did good work for me several times. I felt bad for him, and worse for my sister.

Comment

Working...
                              X