X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With or without dogs?

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
      I can tell you when I get home from work today. I was so ate up with hunting when I was young I started a journal detailing every kill, as I never wanted to forget that hunt. 18 years later, I still have the journal going. Its like 22 pages now I think. Maybe one day when im an old timer my grand kids will enjoy reading about my past hunts.
      That is awesome you did that and continue with it today. It will mean so much more to later in life than you can imagine. Wyman Meinzer has a journal on coyotes he killed with IIRC the location, date, weather and shot yardage(stepped the yardage off) on every kill.

Comment

No way I could remember that. Fifty years worth with several years being only one, because I was a crackhead duck hunter, (we had few deer in ETex at that time), and later years being five per year for about fifteen years. Now, I kill two or three per year.

Comment

23 with my bow (I also keep a log on my workbench at home - date/time/size/bow/arrow/bh) and I would guess somewhere around that with a gun....

Comment

Maybe 10 at the most.
            1 with a truck

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
              Enough to not enjoy the shooting part.
              Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
              With ADCP in the 90's then MLD, I can't remember the exact numbers but it is well over a 1,000
              This. I've been able to cut way back the last several years so it's fun again.

Comment

Somewhere between 15-20. Most bow shot, a few rifle kills.

Comment

I used to keep a log book of exactly what deer I have killed over the years, but I quit keeping track when I was in college. I'm somewhere in the 80-100 for whitetail deer. 20 or so have been with a bow.

Comment

probably 150 or so with the best whitetail being 165 7/8'' and the best muley being 182 3/8'' and the heaviest doe dressing 126lbs

Comment

Enough that I lost count many years ago, all with a bow.

Comment

1 buck -gun decided I wanted more of a challenge and a longer season so I picked up a bow
                        buck- bow
                        doe - bow
                        doe bow
                        buck bow
                        buck bow
                        so 6 - this is going to be my fourth year, still learning and loving it. Wish I had more time to do it.

Comment

Gun 50+
                          Bow 11

Comment

About 200

Comment

I think I'm in the 15ish area

Comment

Probably somewhere between 40-50

Comment

Working...
                                X