Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been applying for 10 years. All of that time I have applied with my dad and I, not just myself (I don't know if that makes a difference in draw odds).

After 7 years we drew the doe hunt at kerrville (dad got one). Since then it's been none. To me it's a great chance to get to hunt somewhere we never would be able to. I'm only interest in drawing with my dad because I didn't start hunting till I moved to Texas in 2006. My dad is a native taxan and before they moved back in 2005 he hadn't hunted since the 70s

The new system sucks but if it give my dad and I a chance to hunt together in a unique place I'll keep giving them my money

Comment

My son got drawn for Bastrop. Anybody have any experience here, advice?

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
        Your not the only one, we've got 14 pp's for pronghorn.
        Does anybody know anyone that has actually been drawn for pronghorn? I never seem to hear anything about it.

Comment

Does anybody know anyone that has actually been drawn for pronghorn? I never seem to hear anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
            I think Shane did?

Comment

Virtually nobody gets to hunt public land pronghorn in Texas. If you really want to hunt pronghorn, start putting in for the non-resident draws in Wyoming and New Mexico. Your odds are better and so is the hunting. In both of those states, if you don't draw you get all your money back (except for a small application fee).

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                I am pending 2nd draw on gator and pronghorn

I had 10 pref points going into pronghorn draw. At this rate I might not live long enough to draw one
                Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                I think Shane did?
                Nope. I have 22 points for Pronghorn now. I drew the Desert Bighorn 5 years ago with 6 points though. Miracles can happen, I guess.

Comment

I just checked, and it says I'm pending 2nd draw for pronghorn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

While I am in the process of accumulating preferrence point, my son got drawn for the forth year in a row.

This drawing was for either sex deer for 2017
                    Last year was an alligator hunt 2016
                    Antlerless hunt in 2015
                    And hog hunt in 2014

He has been on a winning streak. Still hoping that my 10 preferrence point will help me get a deer hunt.

Comment

One of the Dad posted on my other thread said that his daughter drew THREE either sex deer hunts hunts.

She needs to pick some lotto numbers !!

Comment

Stick1 and I got drawn for gators at J.D. Murphree with 3 points. We are SO excited!

Comment

Originally posted by WrecklessRanch View Post
                          Stick1 and I got drawn for gators at J.D. Murphree with 3 points. We are SO excited!

Hunted there 2 years ago, great staff and great place to hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Last edited by outlook8; 08-03-2017, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WrecklessRanch View Post
                              Which dates? We will be out there 9/18-19.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                                This many people cry and complain about not winning the powerball lottery each week ????
                                That isn't fair man. There certainly should be way more opportunities than there are currently here in Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X