• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
    ttt

Anyone?

Comment

Anyone on here in Bryan-College Station area who would set up and service bee hives for a fee?
      Check around there should be a beekeepers club local to you, or try Texas Beekeepers Assoc., somebody should be able to point you in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
        Check around there should be a beekeepers club local to you, or try Texas Beekeepers Assoc., somebody should be able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks. I actually contacted a guy from Brazos Valley Beekeepers but he has not been very helpful. I'll keep trying.

Comment

Thanks. I actually contacted a guy from Brazos Valley Beekeepers but he has not been very helpful. I'll keep trying.
          Look up a Chris Barnes. Cornerstone Honey Bees. chrisATcornerstonehoneybees.com

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
            Look up a Chris Barnes. Cornerstone Honey Bees. chrisATcornerstonehoneybees.com

Thanks.

Comment

My wife read something about a device to put in the hive box from the top that controlled the temp high enough to kill mites but not stress the Bees. Anyone see this or use it?

Comment

Originally posted by Saddle Tramp View Post
                My wife read something about a device to put in the hive box from the top that controlled the temp high enough to kill mites but not stress the Bees. Anyone see this or use it?

Haven't heard of that . But I have heard to leave the hives in full sun . Seems to work okay .

Comment

My wife and I were discussing putting a couple hives at or place in Kerr county next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Having to feed right now through the dearth but 4 hives going strong in the Hill Country and our San Antonio City bees are going gang busters!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2880.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	24452737

Name:	IMAG2848.jpg
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	24452735

Name:	IMAG2888.jpg
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	24452736

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post

[ATTACH]801650[/ATTACH]
                      That is the coolest hive I've ever seen! Build it yourself?

Richard

Comment

Strummer,

Is it doable to put commander in an actual bee hive instead of a swarm trap and have the bees show up? I ask because we'd like to have bees out here to help with the garden and fruit trees but I don't have any clue how to move them from a trap to a hive. And I don't want to get the bejesus stung out of me trying.

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                          Strummer,

Is it doable to put commander in an actual bee hive instead of a swarm trap and have the bees show up? I ask because we'd like to have bees out here to help with the garden and fruit trees but I don't have any clue how to move them from a trap to a hive. And I don't want to get the bejesus stung out of me trying.

Richard.

You sure can . I had a swarm this yeah make its way to one of my boxes with no lure . Best thing would do is try to get it off the ground somehow . I seem to catch more swarms when at least 6 feet off he ground .

Comment

Comment

10/12 gal. flower pot in the backyard. I had a guy come remove them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                                That is the coolest hive I've ever seen! Build it yourself?

Richard
                                No I bought that top bar hive off of 'Bee Thinking':
                                Responsibly harvested, FSC® certified premium California limited edition Redwood is naturally resistant to warping, shrinking, and cracking, and additionally kiln dried. This impressive, highly desired lumber is perfect for outdoor applications. Redwood is rot-resistant, extremely durable, and beautiful when allowed to

They're a little spendy but built out of solid cedar and very well constructed...highly recommended! Plus, I would never buy another hive without an observation window...makes it real easy to take a quick peek into the hive without disturbing the bees to see what's going on.
                                Last edited by JonBoy; 07-18-2016, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X