4 wheeler rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 wheeler rack

Buddy and I built this yesturday when we had nothing to do. Tell me what you think of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rack1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	24827533

Name:	rack2.jpg
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	24827534

Name:	rack3.jpg
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	24827535

looks pretty tough, wish I had one

Comment

looks great

Comment

Looks great..

Comment

Nice, can stack all kinds of fur on that!

Comment

Nice build... might try some mud flaps though...

Comment

That would get me stuck quick. Too many steep inclines. Looks good otherwise.

Comment

awesome

Comment

Very nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                    That would get me stuck quick. Too many steep inclines. Looks good otherwise.
                    I have one of the store bought ones I use on my Grizzly all the time. Sure is easy to load a Deer on. I was worried at first about getting it stuck all the time but - Not So. Every once in a while, it might barely rub if I cross a steep ditch or something; but it has never gotten me stuck. If you consider the angle from the tire up to the back of the rack; it takes a very steep hill to even make contact. Heres a picture of mine with my wifes 7 pointer loaded.
                    ( Notice auxilary seating accessory for the wife )
                    Plus you can get a pretty good "wheelie" if the Deer is heavy enough.
                    Oh yeah; the front basket is a Lettuce Crate. It includes a Six-
                    Pack Cooler,Machete, Bow Saw, Tire plugs, Vienna Sausages,Etc.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by rsdodge-tx; 10-24-2010, 09:04 PM. Reason: just because ....

Comment

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
                      Buddy and I built this yesturday when we had nothing to do. Tell me what you think of it.

[ATTACH]197314[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]197315[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]197316[/ATTACH]
                      Abbott your Rack looks awesome. Way better than store bought. I know you will enjoy it.

Comment

Only thing i dont like about it is i dont have independent suspension. So to moves up and down with the bumps a lot. But the next 4 wheeler will have independent suspension i hope. Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
                          Only thing i dont like about it is i dont have independent suspension. So to moves up and down with the bumps a lot. But the next 4 wheeler will have independent suspension i hope. Thanks guys.
                          Actually youre better off with a solid axle, non IRS, for this type of rack. I built a rack just like this several years ago but I can't use it to tote heavy stuff (such as a deer). The IRS sags too much with the "cantilevered" load hanging out the back I use my rack with my wife's wheeler with a solid axle though. I attached mine to a hitch stinger so I can still pull a trailer with the rack on, I'll try and post some pics tomorrow if I can remember to take some. Yours looks good

Comment

Nice build.

Comment

Looks good. that should work great!

Comment

Working...
                              X